Kim Zolciak

Real Pregnant,

Really Smoking

11/27/2010 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE:  Kim's rep just got back to us, and insists the photo was taken October 3, and Kim did not know she was pregnant at the time.

Kim Zolciak
from "Real Housewives of Atlanta" took a smoke break while watching an NFL game a few weeks back -- it wouldn't be a big deal ... but Kim is three months pregnant.

1126_Kim_Zolciak_smoking_WM_EX
Here's the timeline: the photo was taken in Atlanta on November 7, outside the Georgia Dome. Two weeks later, Kim and baby daddy Kroy Biermann (who plays for the Atlanta Falcons) announced they were expecting.

In case you're thinking "Maybe Kim didn't know she was pregnant when she decided to smoke" -- well, think again. Kim told a tabloid this week she denied the pregnancy rumors in October because "[I] wasn't through my first trimester -- you never know what could happen."

Exactly.

timmsa

#33 then in my case with my first 2 children what caused their disabilities? Because I didn't smoke and they were still born with the disabilities that are associated with smoking?
Can you explain that to me please? I would really like to know.

maney

What's with her hair? It looks like a cheap wig.. Like it's made out of plastic or something..

Aarin

NOT Okay, you said it just right.

timmsa, thats your genes or a random act of nature. Not everyone gets perfect kids, smokeing or not.

My mother smoked with wile pregnant with me and my sisters. One has neurofibromatosis/learningtrouble/adhd, the other was fine.

I ended up short from scoliosis, legally blind from glacoma, uveitis, cateracts, and a bunch of other ****. And am allergic to everything from dairy to anything with a high ph, suffered from sever asthma as a child and spent most of it in the hospital geting my body cut up and things put in and out. And im only 19 years old.

Both my parents were healthy. Im not saying My sister or I got screwed up because she smoked or it may be just our unlucky genetics.

But NOT smokeing can drastically improve the chances of haveing a healthy child.

If you love your child then give them the best start and dont smoke.

kd

In response to timmsa, because smoking while pregnant is associated with certain adverse outcomes does not necessarily mean that if a woman smokes while she is pregnant, her baby will have those problems. And vice versa. There are other things that could cause a baby to have mental retardation, low birth weight, etc. And sometimes a baby is born unhealthy and the doctors don't really have an explanation for why. People know that smoking causes cancer, but that doesn't necessarily mean that every one who smokes will get cancer. In the same way, people know that smoking can cause health problems for babies. But not every woman who smokes during her pregnancy will have an unhealthy baby, and not every woman who does everything right during her pregnancy will have a healthy baby.

datruth

Trust me smoking is the least amount of damage this shim will do to the baby, if smoking, pretty sure still drinking. When are people going to step up and take responsibilty, the idiots making excuses for her are as ignorant and stupid as she is.

timmsa

this is they same type of concept as asthma. Studies say that 2nd hand smoke causes asthma. Well there were studies done in Europe with families whose children had asthma and families whose children did.
And there were no significant increase in any of the children. But here in the states the researchers don't want you to know that.

I was told by a doctor a few years ago about these studies in Europe.

Kelly

On the show I've seen Kim has hit the wine VERY EARLY in the morning...I wonder if she has been able to put the booze down for the sake of this baby?? I sure hope so.

She seems like a good Mother to her daughters from what little I've seen. Granted I haven't seen much, I usually get side tracked LMAO at something NeNe has said.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

only an idiot would smoke or drink once they find out they are pregnant,even a retard should know that

wendy

#3, drinking & smoking are entirely different. Dr's say a "small glass of wine" will help you to relax, Smoking, on the other hand takes away clean air from your baby, and we all know how cigs are loaded with toxins and poisons!. She claims to have a "degree" in nursing.,yet she is an LPN, which is one step higher than a medical assistant, and-or, orderly. A nurse with a degree is an RN, meaning she went to school @ least 2 yrs more. These are the ones that go on to become supervisors, head nurses, etc. I work in healthcare, and would always ask myself if I would want this person caring for a family member. ask yourself, "would you?" I prefer someone who didn't polish off a bottle, and smoke the evening before. There is no surprise that she still maintains her "party lifestyle" during this time. Hmmmmmmm, it's cuz thats who she is! Who's paying the rent?, one guess., perhaps the man she blows while wearing her bad wigs, fake tits, botox, fake color hair, fake nails, and pathetical liar, no morals, lets not forget the trouble she started with her castmates, playing one against the other., when confronted by Neni, she pulled a kim.

NOT Okay

I assume some of you commenters here had Mothers who smoked while pregnant with you too, because you don't seem to understand basic science. And you're maybe lacking a few IQ points.

Let me break it down for you slow folk: All kinds of babies are born to smoking mothers - some recover from the harm better than others. AND, all kinds of babies are born to mothers who don't smoke - some have disabilities because of genetics, or other factors.

The way to learn what smoking causes, versus what genes or other factors cause, is to look at thousands and thousand of babies, children and adults. And to compare the health of the babies born addicted, to those who weren't.

That's call SCIENCE! Cool, huh?

FACT: Babies who were exposed to all the toxins in cigarettes in utero, ON AVERAGE, have lower birth weight, more infections, lower IQ, more learning problems, more obesity, etc. etc. etc.

I can't even believe this is a discussion! So, I assume you all think drinking a six pack with your ciggies while 6 mos. pregnant is fine too? Because not all babies born to drinking (or coke sniffing, or meth smoking) Moms will be unhealthy. Just, MANY of them will. And they will have lasting impairments throughout their lives!

You're going to look at your pregnant friend, sucking on a crack pipe, and say 'Oh, don't judge! Her baby will be JUST fine.'

Wow, no wonder we have so many stupid people in this country!

NOT Okay

What you're giving your baby when you smoke while pregnant (just a few of the poisons in cigarettes) - there are many more:

Benzene (found in petroleum and pesticides)

Formaldehyde (used to preserve corpses)

Arsenic (Rat poison, used in pesticides on tobacco crops)

Cadmium (Heavy metal (like lead), found in batteries)

Lead (I hope? you know what this is, and that it's bad for you)

Nicotine (Highly addictive, newborns go through the withdrawal YOU found too hard to go through for the health of your own damn child)

Like I said - you did it, that's your choice to harm your own child in that way. But DO NOT SAY IT'S OKAY! It is not!

We care because innocent babies are being harmed.

KellyG

Uh, yeah. You guys would be surprised to know just how many pregnant women sneak a cigarette once in a while. It's a whole lot better for the baby than stress.

jeshannifer

this is a woman?

Danielle

HOLY MOLY, what a judgemental crowd of people, I have never seen such disrepect of another person just because they are doing something you would not, just put the smoker's in the town square and throw rocks at them why don't you. Wait until the government decides one of your vices is bad for you and society, what will you do then, it is coming you know.

People have smoked for year's, since there has been the cut down and degradation of anyone that smoke's none of the health risks or the deaths of people have stopped or ever slowed down. You get more pollutants in the air from vehicle's, industiral plants, etc. then you do cigarettes.

Kid's today seem to be born with more diseases then they were in the past, and if they are not born with them, they get them. Kids today are also fat, have more asthma, and never get any air because they never leave the house. Parents use the television,computer and cell phone to babysit for them. They are the most disrepectful group of children I think our workd will have to content with. At least when I was growing up in the 70s kids went outdoors and played, and played hard, they don't do that these days. They also had respect for other people.

My mother smoked, I was fine and so were my 6 brothers and sisters. Her mother smoked before her, and her 14 kids were all born fine. I have known plenty of mothers that smoked while pregnant, they were all fine and the child was not born addicted to nicotene, not on albuterol three days after birth.

Come back to earth judgemental youth of today, you are so far out in never never land it is ridiculous.

Danielle

i am 7 months pregnant...the minute I found out I quit alcohol, caffiene nd smoking. my body is no longer mine. kim is a complete moron and so is david v's wife.

Posted at 1:38 AM on Nov 27, 2010 by mom of 3
-------------
good for you, mom of 3, watch that pedestal you have put yourself on though because I think I see some cracks in it. I can't imagine what kind of unruly children you are bringing up with your name calling.