Chia Obama -- Racist?

11/28/2010 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

This commercial just ran in KCBS TV in Los Angeles, featuring a little stocking stuffer -- a Chia Pet, the Chia Obama edition. The question ... is it racist?
112810_obama_v2_still

Obama's "do" is caricature-like and, standing on its own, makes the Prez look like someone from "What's Happening!!"

The commercial also hawks Chia Pets of two other presidents -- Washington and Lincoln.  But it's clear the Chia Obama is the selling point.

So we ask ...

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

jay

I think it look kind of cute and the children just love it. I got 6 obama chia for christmas.

Cyn

When I first heard the advertisement I thought it was a joke. But in the same commercial they also advertised George Washington, Abe Lincoln and the Statue of Liberty. I don't necessarily think it is racist but I do think it is silly. Stick to cartoon characters, animals, etc.

flickthecat

No, it's not racist, it's a fun toy. I gave one to a relative Christmas 2009, and had an instructional photo of it in the toilet, the snow, and on the hood of my Lincoln. It's a fun political toy.

Bonsai

They are now committed to make Chia presidents for the rest of their existence or it will look like they are racist. They really picked the wrong time to start this series.

Frank

Oh yes it must be because the race card gets pulled everywhere you look. The fact 99% of blacks voted for him is racist but who talks about that. My order for a gross of them should come any day now.!!!

Bob

Although I do really REALLY hate Obama and how the hell they are selling this (But they do have their freedoms to do so), how the hell is this racist???

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12