Leslie Nielsen

Dies

11/29/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead
His agent tells TMZ Nielsen passed surrounded by his wife and friends at about 5:34 PM ET.

Nielsen was best known for his roles in "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series. His "Airplane" co-star, Barbara Billingsley, passed away last month.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

112810_remembering_leslie_nielson_v1

GEL

And so passes another comedic legend and nice man. He was someone you NEVER heard a bad thing about...he will be missed.

GEL

Come on TMZ, can't you do something about these idiots posting their shopping/dating sites on here???? You have a filter for certain words to be starred out...you can do the same for items like posts 216 & 217 as well. If you need someone to show you how I will be happy to explain it!

ygcfgcfcf & hke61abc and others like you...you should be ashamed of yourselves posting crap like this on someone's memorial post!!! No one gives a crap about your sites!!!

Alvin Law

Rest in Peace.

Alexis

Don't forget he was in "Tammy and the bachelor" as well !

Loved him so much!

RIP

Cooper

Alexis: Loved him in "Tammy and the Bachelor" - my first celebrity crush........

addy

I was just watching Wrongfully Accused yesterday afternoon, then when reading the news this morning hear this... sad news.

I love most of his movies, especially the greats from the 80's and 90's. Great actor -- the best in the genre in my opinion. He will be missed by his fans.

RIP Mr. Nielsen.

Vince Robles

He truly was and forever will be one of the funniest men on the plant. RIP Leslie Nielsen

Hummingbrd

So sad to hear this,I loved him. R.I.P. Leslie.

Wishbone

RIP Mr. Neilson.

Marilyn

Couldn't help but think of Harvey when I heard this news. Always tough to lose a favorite. I'll be rewatching Forbidden Planet tonight and raising a glass to Mr. Nielsen.

BIG_G

R.I.P
Remember when he was in that movie CREEPSHOW.
good stuff.....

jack

Not many comedians on the tube today can make audiences belly laugh like Mr. Nielsen - a great one has passed!

Laura

Such a sad loss of a comedy legend. Memories can last a lifetime, share yours on behalf of all who loved him.
Please leave a tribute for Leslie at http://1000memories.com/leslie-nielson/

Paul B

Back in 1993, I saw Leslie Nielsen during his book tour. I had him sign his book (The Naked Truth) with "Nice Beaver!! Luck and Laughs! Leslie Nielsen" When he heard what I wanted him to write, he laughed out loud and eagerly grabbed for my book. He also signed my Laser Disc covers of the Police Squad! episodes, the Naked Gun Movies (1 and 2), Airplane! and Forbidden Planet. I mailed him a picture of me with him with a SASE and he signed it and returned it (unlike Gilligan when I met him). Anyway, I'm sad that this very funny and nice guy is no longer on our planet. RIP Leslie - You will be missed.

Michelle

NOOOOOOOO!!!! :( You will be missed Leslie!