Leslie Nielsen

Dies

11/29/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead
His agent tells TMZ Nielsen passed surrounded by his wife and friends at about 5:34 PM ET.

Nielsen was best known for his roles in "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series. His "Airplane" co-star, Barbara Billingsley, passed away last month.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

112810_remembering_leslie_nielson_v1

nher73

The honorable Lt. Frank Drebin(Leslie Nielsen) is gone.. Yet Detective Nordberg(OJ Simpson) is still with us.. not fair, oh well!

karol

NOOOOOOOO I cant believe ittt !!! i loved him and his acting ,, he gave me soo much laugh !! i will miss himmm !! RIP Leslie <3

Taylor Dadson

He was a master of the deadpan comedy. I still roar at the urinating scene in Naked Gun..

CC

I'll miss Leslie. RIP.

Edan Aharony

RIP Leslie Nielsen. You have provided us all with a lot of laughs. Thank you! Edan Aharony

Rick

The world is the poorer for his passing.R.I.P.

TJ

don't call him RIP. Call him Shirley.

Paul

It is so sad that these hospitals are so lax in using the most effective broad spectrum antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal disinfectant available today, IV-7 Ultimate Germ Defense. Newest disinfectant technology is the last 30 yrs, kills is as little as 30 seconds, bacteria cannot become resistant to it like all others using 30 yr old technology of bleach & alcohol, and the only EPA registered product with 24 hour residual killing ability in the world. Scientifically proven at highest levels to be the most effective NON TOXIC product of it's kind. Would this have saved Mr Nielsen's life, I don't know but it sure would have offered him a much higher degree of safety that whatever that hospital is using now. If you want to know more about how to protect yourself and your loved ones against staph, MRSA, C. Diff, H1N1, HIV, Herpes, Avian Influenza, VRE, etc, then contact paul@iv7direct.com now.

Jenny

RIP

GEL

Come on TMZ, can't you do something about these idiots posting their shopping/dating sites on here???? You have a filter for certain words to be starred out...you can do the same for items like posts 216 & 217 as well. If you need someone to show you how I will be happy to explain it!

ygcfgcfcf & hke61abc and others like you...you should be ashamed of yourselves posting crap like this on someone's memorial post!!! No one gives a crap about your sites!!!

Posted at 8:45 AM on Nov 29, 2010 by GEL
-------------------------------------------------------

TMZ...just want to say thanks for removing those posts from this "Memorial". He deserves respect.

Marie

I liked him in those funny 'naked gun' movies.RIP Leslie Nielsen.

heather fite

You will be missed,you were hilariuos no matter the silliness of movie,my earliest memory is just getting cabke in like 1982 or so and airplane was in heavy rotation and u were showing tommy the "****pit" so funny in sick way , rest in peace ,yours truely h fite

Evan

AWWWWW, that guy was hilarious and will continue to be where ever his spirit goes, I love him and always will..
R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen - GG (good game)

swampthing 49

you will be misses leslie

Tom

I remember Leslie's part in "Forbidden Planet." He was a class act all the way.

He will always be remembered from his parts in television shows and movies.