Leslie Nielsen

Dies

11/29/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead
His agent tells TMZ Nielsen passed surrounded by his wife and friends at about 5:34 PM ET.

Nielsen was best known for his roles in "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series. His "Airplane" co-star, Barbara Billingsley, passed away last month.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

112810_remembering_leslie_nielson_v1

Parre

Remembering all the laughters that gave me abdominal pain, a memory for life! Thanks Leslie.

Mike G

He will be missed very very much.
His appearances at golf tournaments in California bordered on legendary. His hilarious one liners and quick wit were a joy to behold for the entire family, and reminded us of a time where comedians like Bob Hope blessed our televisions and movie houses across the country..

Marian

Dracula, Dead & Loving it...thanks for the laughs....you will be missed....

CrashAndBurn

Thanx for the memorable laughs!

SK_LJ

Another great Saskatchewanite called to his maker. You will be missed :(

bennettmufson

There couldn`t be a better compliment to his legacy then to see the staff of TMZ admire his work from decades past, so maybe somewhere up there he is smiling from above.
Thanks Mr Nielson for all the laughter that you have given us.

Tim

RIP Mr Nielson :(

Ron

Its a sad day for everyone, many laughs,RIP,god bless

Kelly

I am so sad to hear the news. This man really made me laugh hard so he will always be in my collection and thoughts.

frank

shirley I don't jest anybody remember him in drama or in Disney movies beside me he will rest in peace

tomiton

r.i.p. mr Nielsen.and thank thank thank you very much :(

Joe

My father and I watched all his movies. Even Spy Hard. Very funny actor. One of the few who didn't ahve to "try hard" to be funny. He just naturally was. I considered him a great like Mel Brooks. He will be missed. We might hear some angels laughing though.

Melissa

This is terribly sad news, you did us Canadians proud Leslie. Rest Peacefully, you will never be forgetten.

MJ215062009

When THE **** HIT THE FAN, LOL THIS MAN MADE ME LAUGH SOOOOO MANY TIMES, THIS IS SAD BUT TO KNOW THAT YOU MADE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE LAUGH ALL OVER THE WORLD IS SOMETHING YOU WILL TAKE WITH YOU FOREVER! R.I.P. MR. NIELSEN

Arnie

Canada loses a legend!

The world loses a great human being and comedian.

RIP Leslie.