Leslie Nielsen

Dies

11/29/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead
His agent tells TMZ Nielsen passed surrounded by his wife and friends at about 5:34 PM ET.

Nielsen was best known for his roles in "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series. His "Airplane" co-star, Barbara Billingsley, passed away last month.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

112810_remembering_leslie_nielson_v1

ScottD

RIP Leslie, you were a great actor and I'd never laughed harder than at the first Naked Gun movie. There are a bunch of people in heaven laughing tonight!

Jim

What's with all these stupid postings for clothes? Have you no respect.

Piper

Noooo! He was so great! And I see he is Shirly still making us laugh even on this ......

paul a.

True Story (heard a luncheon in Toronto in the late 90's)

Leslie was invited to a round of golf with then President Clinton during the height of the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Leslie had heard that Clinton was quite the golfer and since he was going through some rough times in the media Leslie wanted to make a good impression on the President. Therefore Leslie decided to warm up properly on the driving range while he waited for the President's arrival.

Leslie was suffering from a bad hip so it was a little painful for him to bend down to place the balls on a tee, so he decided to use his irons allowing him just to drop the balls down on the carpet in front of him. Because of this he kept his pockets full of spare golf balls.

Soon enough the presidential limo pulled up and Bill Clinton emerged bouyant and lively as ever with that familiar grin on his face. He came up to Leslie to shake his hand and exchange the usual niceities one would expect in a meeting like this one.

But when the President noticed Leslie's bulging pockets he pointed to them and asked:

"What's that?"

Leslie quickly answered

"Golf balls."

President Clinton grimaced in fake pain and said:

"Ouch. Is that like Tennis Elbow?"

ALAINA610

SOO SAD U WERE A HILARIOUS MAN WITH AMAZING TALENT RIP )=

Ted Striker

I just want to tell him good luck. Were all counting on you.

Quita

He was a great comedian!!!!!!! He will be missed

Steve

Surely you will be missed.

Ian

He was a flatulent man. He will be missed.

Ricardo

Leslie's in a hospital? What is it?

Big Mamma Cornbread

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR GENIUS....GOD SPEED...

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Noooooooo! I loved him! I remember him most for his comic roles, so it's strange to me watching his older movies. My mom said she didn't like his switch from drama to comedy, but either way, he's magnetic to watch. Condolences to his family.

big al

r.i.p.

Evi Mullenix

R.I.P. I have many memories of you.

George R.