Leslie Nielsen

Dies

11/29/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead
His agent tells TMZ Nielsen passed surrounded by his wife and friends at about 5:34 PM ET.

Nielsen was best known for his roles in "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series. His "Airplane" co-star, Barbara Billingsley, passed away last month.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

112810_remembering_leslie_nielson_v1

Enough

yea, leslie nielsen was a hilarious comic actor
but i will always remember him as the dramatic, and romantic, leading man in one of the greatest sci fi movies ever made.....forbidden planet
Posted at 6:46 PM on Nov 28, 2010 by s belwraaith

----------------------

Ditto!

Remko

Oh no, he was a hero of mine. I loved him
You will be missed Les,
now go and make God laugh

bring back recent posts

..I'm sad hearing about this, end of life sucks, however, I pray to god he didn't suffer and when he fell asleep, he KNEW how much he was loved by sooooooooo many who never knew if..as a true comic genious! his films r now classics and Im sure he knew it..so that is good..he left his mark in his lifetime for us! hugs to the family..

Kris

This was a true funny man. Laughs don't come this good any more.
Good CLEAN funny stuff is slowly slipping away. Pray for the family and their loss. Thanks folks.

TheTruthAsISeeIt

One of the things about Leslie Nielsen that set him apart was his skill at both dramatic and comedic roles. His ability to cross over from dramatic roles (where he typically played the "bad guy") paved the way for actors like Robert De Niro who do the same thing. Whatever the role, he was convincing. HE was a great talent who will be missed. He was also known as a true gentleman who never took himself or his profession too seriously. May he rest in peace.

Cartman

Surely he will be missed.

RIP friend.

Lisa

RIP Mr. Nielsen, a truly class act. You will live on forever. Heaven is laughing harder tonight.

It's the same old story.
Boy finds girl.

Boy loses girl. Girl finds boy.

Boy forgets girl. Boy remembers girl.

Girl dies in a blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Goodyear?

No, the worst.

Jeff Becker

Great actor. Thanks for the laughs;(

rhode

This makes me so sad! When the actors in your favorite movie as a kid start dieing, it really makes you feel old.
RIP Leslie, or 317537 on a calculator upside down; I'll miss you a TON!!!!!

Paul B

You are a wonderful entertainer, I watch you growing up, and I laughed and laughed, Leslie you leave me with some wonderful memories. You are one of the great's, May you have a wonderful journey, you will be sadly missed, but not forgotten, until we met again. Paul.

r3y

RIP your unique comedy/acting will be missed by millions. ='(

Sad sad

:( Can't believe that RIP. Airplane marathon in order.

kulit

My grandma loves his Naked Gun movies. Sad.

Carl S

R/I/P loved ya work old buddy

RabbleRouser

Thank You for all the laughter.