« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFLer Drops Game-Winning Touchdown, Blames God

11/29/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Buffalo Bills WR Steve Johnson dropped what would have been the game-winning touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers today in overtime -- but it wasn't his fault he choked, it was God's.

1128_steve_johnson_twitter

The Steelers ended up winning the game 19-16 ... but we think Steve Johnson has bigger problems on his hands.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Greg

Steve, nothing personal God hates the whole damn city! Just ask the 1990-94 Bills teams!

Carl

He probably believes in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus too.

JLS

What a nasty man.

It's always someone else's fault. God isn't into your game there honey. He's got bigger things to worry about like wars, starving children, etc....

What a self centered azz.

Brent

About time! I hear these clowns thanking their god all the time whenever things go right, it's about time one was honest enough to give the blame equally!

Now if we can just get them all to recognize there is no god, and if there was it would have better things to do than interfere in a children's sport being played by immature adults....

Jdawg

Looks like the Bookies got to him,,5 Dropped Passes????? Please!!!!!!

Faye

I guess the steelers prayed harder ya jack wagon!!

Betty Burgh

Frankie Steelers beat the Seahawks by 11 points in the Super Bowl -- 11 points! Seahawks had their chances. It's amazing Seattle fans just can't get over it. So sad for you.

Later,
Betty

MacGuffin

I love these guys who think there is a god that would actually care who wins a football game. Don't you think god has something better to do with the 6 billion other people on this earth than to make sure you catch a football correctly? What a pr1ck.

sean

Dear Steve,

I don't hate you, and it's nothing personal. I just had 5 grand on Pittsburgh.

God

Jen

The real problem here is that it seems his mother and father were also brother and sister. That is one retarded MF'r.

Sarcastic1

Why contact God? God knew the dummy wouldn't catch the ball.

9 to 5 American

I live in Erie PA. Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo are the local team according to the guys at work. I am thankful to God that I DON’T have to work on Monday and hear the guys at work talking about this all day long. Plus football is boring!

Matrinka

What can else can be said other than that god is a Steeler fan?

Me

I can't stop laughing at that tweet. What a maroon.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!

Quinn

Are you serious?!!! God doesn't micro manage. And I'm pretty sure if God did micro manage he'd be more focused in on oh let's just say the millions of people starving to death around the world than some selfish football player. Mr. Johnson you are an ********!