« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFLer Drops Game-Winning Touchdown, Blames God

11/29/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Buffalo Bills WR Steve Johnson dropped what would have been the game-winning touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers today in overtime -- but it wasn't his fault he choked, it was God's.

1128_steve_johnson_twitter

The Steelers ended up winning the game 19-16 ... but we think Steve Johnson has bigger problems on his hands.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

robert

Well finally they can stop blaming the ref's for Steeler wins. To think all along it was God's fault

Max

I'm glad. We always hear athletes praise God for their success, finally someone places the blame where it belongs. God sucks. Usually he's causing wars and starving people in famines. This time he just made a guy lose a game for his team.

Max

After the Inquisition, the slaughter of thousands in the forced conversion of Europe to Christianity, slavery, the slaughter of thousands in the forced conversion of South and Central America to Christianity, the Crusades and the Salem witch trials, THIS is what pisses him off? Gee dude, a bit selfish I think. God does suck though.

Shane D.

God can do what he wants! He made us! He is the potter of the clay?

Your attitude towards God should be:

-the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. (Job 1: 20-21)

-For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. (Philippians 4:11)

Steve, you just passed a lot of "Bad fruit" by tweeting your message, prompting other individuals to be bitter towards God, or maybe even perhaps converting them to atheism.

Learn about God....

steve

Are people taking this seriously? He's obviously joking. Guess he should have included an LOL for those people who are permanently stuck in the back of the class.

mary

And this how you do me????? Is he speaking English or Jibberish????? It makes me sad that this dumbas$ makes money talking and acting like the chimp he rose from.

Eric

I live in Buffalo and watched that happen. I dont care who he blames you gotta feel bad for the guy. I highly doubt you saw his post game conference. He was almost in tears. He should have caught the ball but things happen. Not everybody is gonna have a good game every week. I dont care if he blamed himself, God, Jesus, whatever.. It will make him a better player I think now having experienced that.

Johnny5

Loser! Loo-who-sur! Loooo-whoooo-surrrr

Allll..righty...then...Loser!

carmen

HUMILITY!

petester

BUTTERFINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD HATES LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WD41

Did he ever think that maybe God did help him out... and that he still dropped the ball? Too bad God doesn't have Twitter. I can just see it:

"Dude, I help you out and you still can't make it? Maybe I should see about trading your worthless a** to another loser team. Oh yeah, you're with Buffalo. My work is done."

Chrissy

That's funny but next week the Squeelers are ours! LETS GO RAVENS!!!

David

Dear Stevie Johnson,

You forgot to thank me for the hookers and blow you scored Friday night.

Yours truly,

God

Slutty Whores Rock

Hard to believe that in the year 2010 almost 2011 that there are still educated human beings out there who believe in an invisible daddy who lives in the clouds who knows and sees and controls everything but still punishes those who grovel on their knees in worshiping him. Or it. Or whatever you call imaginary delusional folklore.
Tards.

B

Waaaah, I make millions of dollars playing FOOTBALL, but I fumbled a pass! My life is so terrible... How could you do this to me, God?!?!