David Cassidy DUI Tape -- Wandering Eye Defense

11/29/2010 7:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Cassidy's DUI arrest in Florida was all caught on tape -- and during the incident, the former teen star can be heard telling officers that his "wandering eye" could be a factor during the field sobriety test.

David Cassidy DUI Arrest Video

Moments after the Florida Highway Patrol pulled over the "Partridge Family" star on suspicion of driving drunk on Nov. 3 ... a trooper asked Cassidy if he had any problems with his eyes.

Cassidy responded, "I do ... I had a wandering eye as a child ... my right eye still wanders when I get tired."

Cassidy then performed and failed several field sobriety tests -- and was subsequently cuffed. In the report, the arresting trooper claims Cassidy blew a 0.139 and 0.141 -- way over the .08 legal limit.

Cassidy can be heard griping, "As a guy who's supported you guys over the years ..."

The trooper interrupts ... saying, "It doesn't make a difference who you support." Cassidy responds, "I know ... it doesn't."

Cassidy was eventually charged with driving under the influence, failure to maintain a single lane and driving with an open container in the car.

He's due back in court in January.

Jim in Cali

Who cares. Gives us news of his hot daughter Katie Cassidy instead.

gutsygirl

Yeah, a wondering eye and loose lips("as a guy who supported you guys")...

PJ

Washed up old fart.

gene yuss

I woke up in jail this morning. Went to sleep with bubba in my behind.

Jim K

Why don't more people stand up for their rights and decline the field sobriety test HARVEY ??????

Oh no!

"The first thing I need you to do is put the bottle down for me..."

I killed it after that.

Sophia Beck

Sad that he is arguing with these guys. Hope he gets help-He has been able to get by with many things and counts on his fame to do it. Maybe not this time

Sophia Beck

I find it interesting on the other video he is disagreeing with the HP and telling them how to do their job! Wow-,sad and full of ego-

Larry Tayor

At about 1:40--as the officer is asking about any history with Eye issues, David tells him about the "farsightedness and wandering eye" and the cop says

"it's ok, I'm not an obstetrician"

How great would it be if David Cassidy said "it's ok, I'm not pregnant"--

I think the Cop meant optometrist... !

JoMac

I would have let him go if he would have sang alittle tune for me of "I Think I Love You..!" or "You Can Feel My Heartbeat"..! Poor David I felt like he was getting a bad bust..! I just hope he isnt getting to be like his dad Jack and becoming a drunk cause that was a bad days for him.. How come his brothers are that way and David came out to be this way..! Yes Yes Yes..! A wash up old rocker..!

ice33

Cops are neat

Cheryl A.

I guess I would be a lousy cop. I could not tell anything was wrong other then not being able to hear the cop and a little mistake on the touch the nose thing because he did not understand the instruction. He was standing perfectly straight and not slurring.

Stephanie

F**K ALL YOU *******S. Go DIE IN A HOLE. BA****DS

rick

i've got a wandering eye too, and its a real bad deal. it wanders everytime i see a hot young blonde, or redhead or brunette or black chick or women wearing high heels {whoops thats my wandering ears} or any woman with a nice ass who has her back turned to me and can't tell i'm watching her butt. my eye also wanders and makes me look at nice boobs and sometimes even well dressed middle age women or old women who were probably hot when they were young.

Stephanie