« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Lets God Off the Hook for Dropped Pass

11/29/2010 8:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

God can stop beating himself (or herself) up for Stevie Johnson's dropped TD pass this weekend -- the Buffalo Bills star is finally taking the blame.

Stevie Johnson Twitter

Johnson -- who let the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers literally slip through his fingers in OVERTIME -- had twittered, "I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!!"

But today, he's changed his tune -- saying, "No I Did Not Blame God People! Seriously??!? CMon! I Simply Cried Out And Asked Why?"

He added, "I AM HAPPY & THANKFUL 4 YESTERDAY! w/out Sunday i Wldnt have grew closer w/The Lord!!"

Johnson will have a chance to repent  when he lines up against the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday ... if he's not in church.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TT

All you Religious nuts need to see Religulous by bill maher and get a clue. Religion is a farce and a fairy tale. Sorry, Santa, I mean Jesus doesn't exist...

G1

I hate to break it you, but God is not a football fan. If he was, he'd be an Indianapolis Colts fan!!

Quinn

Yes..I'm sure most of have asked God "WHY?!" before however normal people don't do it via ****ter. .... I'd like to have his hard life.

psycho

I was glad to hear him blame God instead of all the thanking of God for everything good that happens in their lives. I would love to hear someone blame God for a blown out knee or seperated shoulder. I, personally don't believe there is an invisible man in the sky, how else would you explain all the bad things that happen everyday. Maybe there is a God and he is just lazy and doesn't care about child molestation, rape, murder and other heinous crimes. My fault, he is just covering for his priests who make him all that money. Wow, that is the greatest scam ever.

ohreally

Twitter turns 30 year old men into 9 year olds.

Chia

You choked. If you yelled "God, why did I choke" that would make sense and explanation wouldn't be needed.

Dude, own what you do and say already.

Dee

What a goon! I bet when he was drafted he "just wanted to thank God for giving this opprtunity to him," so God gives him another opportunity and HE F**KS it up so God is the one to blame. Shut up and go buy another gold chain or gold teeth or whatever! I bet he'll be thanking God again after that for giving him the money!! HAHAHA

John

Yo Bro.... dont let all the attention get to you. You're a young man w/ agreat talent..get back to the buisiness of winning us a well deserrved bowl..Buffalo fans are the best in the NFL, you'll see.. We forgive a missed catch, no matter what the magnitude..you owned up....thats large..keep the faith, i think you rock.... FOCUS MAN, FOCUS!!!!!!!

rhode

"Maybe there is a God and he is just lazy and doesn't care about child molestation, rape, murder and other heinous crimes"

No, that is the Devil that causes all of that! God and the Devil have been fighting before the Earth was even created. Think of it as Jedi vs Sith! But just like the movies,God will win in the end like the Jedi.

edge70

It wasnt Gods fault, it was the Easter bunny's. Hes had it in for the Bills for years...

Quinn

LMFAO # 26!

Pound Sand

Twitter has to be the most idiotic thing ever invented! The stupid sh*t that celebrities tweet is just ridiculous!

Learn How To Spell

Who is he gonna blame for his spelling?!?!?!? Goodness!

Did this dude get through grade school?

Mr. X

I supposed everyone missed Johnson's press conference after the game. He specifically ASKED to go up to the podium to face the questions of the press-Johnson could very well have decided to not talk to anyone. So, give the guy his props for doing that.

Mike

No, you blamed God. However, when you saw the story of how much of an ignorant moron a** you are on CNN you decided to back track. What a complete A**HOLE. And yes, learn english you retard.