« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Lets God Off the Hook for Dropped Pass

11/29/2010 8:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

God can stop beating himself (or herself) up for Stevie Johnson's dropped TD pass this weekend -- the Buffalo Bills star is finally taking the blame.

Stevie Johnson Twitter

Johnson -- who let the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers literally slip through his fingers in OVERTIME -- had twittered, "I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!!"

But today, he's changed his tune -- saying, "No I Did Not Blame God People! Seriously??!? CMon! I Simply Cried Out And Asked Why?"

He added, "I AM HAPPY & THANKFUL 4 YESTERDAY! w/out Sunday i Wldnt have grew closer w/The Lord!!"

Johnson will have a chance to repent  when he lines up against the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday ... if he's not in church.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mark

I was talking with God and he's pissed you blamed him, he said the truth is you SUCK!

Details?

Wow, you should read the old and new testament before judging God. You should be educted on who it is that the worlds calander is numbered around His life. You know BC and AD. Shake off the hate people. At least research the God you disavow.

Learn How To Spell

I supposed everyone missed Johnson's press conference after the game. He specifically ASKED to go up to the podium to face the questions of the press-Johnson could very well have decided to not talk to anyone. So, give the guy his props for doing that.

Posted at 4:40 PM on Nov 29, 2010 by Mr. X
____________________________________________________

31- Mr. X

"So, give the guy his props for doing that."

He is a well paid professional athlete/entertainer...

No one should "give" him anything..

He needs to keep his dumba@@ off of the internet.

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"

me not you

The God Squad - the dumbest and funniest people on the planet.

TXluvsMJ2

I can tell some of you people don't use Twitter. In case you aren't aware, you have to make yourself understood in 140 characters or less. Stop ragging on this guy about his spelling. Notice in the first few sentences the words are spelled correctly. It's only when he gets close to using up his 140 characters that he starts using the slang a lot of people (yes, even educated people) use to get their point across in one "Tweet."

travcm

This guy is funny. Too bad moronic websites and their equally low IQ patrons spin his humor into something else. I guess the joke's on you for completely letting his sarcasm and parodying fly over your heads.

Bippy

You all folks who like to pick - pick your nose and eat the results!!!

Rob

"jus like ya all did"

And you morons worship these fools.

Sad

LWhite

Too bad he didn't "grew" any closer to a classroom.

mark

#17 you would take the word of a lunatic bill mahar over the word of God, are there people that stupid really out there?

Allie

good edukashun ya gots their budie.

gutsygirl

Way to butcher the King's English!!

KikiStillInOttawa

LOL this is seriously news worthy? Cripes, he's not the only one to blabber something silly at in an emotional moment. I'm not a football fan but I have had other life experiences where what seemed like a sure thing just slipped through my fingers.

Rochelle Wade

Wow it is interesting how many haters there on this one topic! I guess EVERYONE downing this guy has never made a mistake or questioned why me when things go good or when they go bad!

1st... Twitter is a place that is limit to 140 characters.....most ppl that tweet don't spell out every word because of space!

2nd.....Everyone is allowed to vent. Whether by tweet, fb, or having their own shows. Tons of people do it.

3rd....Never judge someone until you have had a chance to step even one foot in their shoes.

NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING CAUSE ALL YOU DO IS MAKE AN ASS OUT OF YOURSELF!

Bippy

For those who criticize the text in the tweet - FYI - just jive talk!!!