« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Lets God Off the Hook for Dropped Pass

11/29/2010 8:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

God can stop beating himself (or herself) up for Stevie Johnson's dropped TD pass this weekend -- the Buffalo Bills star is finally taking the blame.

Stevie Johnson Twitter

Johnson -- who let the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers literally slip through his fingers in OVERTIME -- had twittered, "I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!!"

But today, he's changed his tune -- saying, "No I Did Not Blame God People! Seriously??!? CMon! I Simply Cried Out And Asked Why?"

He added, "I AM HAPPY & THANKFUL 4 YESTERDAY! w/out Sunday i Wldnt have grew closer w/The Lord!!"

Johnson will have a chance to repent  when he lines up against the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday ... if he's not in church.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Taylor

Maybe God could understand you better if you didn't speak in Ebonics

JFO

Ok, saying "I praise you 24/7" is a direct reference to God. How could it be anything else if not that?? Who else does he praise 24/7 then? Why him??? Why not??? It was a bad day for him; admit you messed up and move on!! You are not immune to them just because you make millions on the football field for one afternoon of work, you jack wagon!

Michael

When will these multi-million dollar, college educated, American born idiots learn to speak English? My God, Johnson sounds like an idiot....

konaehukai

non thinking one dimensional simple minded people believe in nonsense like fake gods, bibles, their jesus was born on xmas (LOL)

idiots
---------------
and idiots like you will find out when you die

----------------------

I'll assume you're a Christian. What if God isn't your Christian god? Then your screwed too.

Love your theist tolerance too. Calling someone else an idiot because they don't believe is so CHristian of you.

spike

I'll bet if it was a malt liquor or a pistol or a pack of Newports he would not have dropped the ball. But instead he thought it was a dictionary...Opps, I'm a dumb ass!

Monica

See poor God, I'm guilty of it too, all of our lessons are learned differently, let's all pray for our brothers and sisters and give thanks for everyday God has blessed and taught us in this day already.

truth and mercy

BLESS BLESS BLESS you for your awesome faith in GOD!!!! Sometimes our Lord allows things to happen so we can see that OTHERS have it so much harder than us and we can feel with our own hearts and become empathetic/ compassionate/ caring/ and understanding toward others. We are all learning, growing, and overcoming our pasts.

Chili's Dad

I just got dumber reading that. Hooked on ebonix sure worked for him!!

ThiefGold

He totally blamed god, someone who's just asking why wouldn't have complained that he praises him 24/7 and still lost while asking why

Justin

Jesus Christ

HRH Prince Michael

#88? ALL Thanks, Praise, Honor, and Glory
to The Most Holy King, JESUS CHRIST!

Be not further deceived Psalm 89, is HERE.

athomas

I always like to give young people the benefit of the doubt, because when we are young we do and say foolish things. God never said we would not have trials and tribulations. Look at Job.

Bella

His "job" is to catch the football. That is what he is getting "paid" to do.

God doesn't have anything to do w/professional sports.
There are other more important things in the world going on than watching over him catching the football.

These athletes and their ego's, this guy needs a reality check, QUICK!!!

I agree with the poster that said Johnson needs to spend more time practicing on how to catch the football and LESS time tweeting. If he can't catch the ball believe it, there is someone else waiting to take his place.

It's all about winning & $$$$$$$...(unfortunately)

John

The only people more stupid than him, are the ones crying because he made it sound like he blamed god. Seriously, you religious morons are nothing but children in adult bodies. I gave up on imaginary friends when I was about 6, now it's your turn.

Refugio

You make millions, so hire an English teacher please! You make my eyes bleed with all your misspellings.