Willie Nelson

High Stakes in Weed Arrest

11/29/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It may sound like a joke -- Willie Nelson getting busted for pot -- but the music legend could face some serious jail time ... and a pro pot group thinks they have a way to keep Willie out of the pokey.

1128_Willie_Nelson_TMZ_EX
Nelson was busted over the weekend in Texas for possession of six ounces of marijuana. A criminal defense attorney in Austin tells us 6 ounces could get Willie 6 months minimum and 2 years max.

But Bruce Margolin, director of the L.A. chapter of NORML, tells TMZ Willie has an ace in the hole -- convincing a jury he just forgot that the California-grown pot was on the bus -- and California is ok with medical marijuana.

Or he could just try the, I'm Willie Friggin' Nelson!!! defense.

get a life ho

FREE Willy !

2 HOT!

God, I love this man!!! Willie is the BEST there is!

Cartman

Willy is a bit old to still be stoning.

Come on Willy, leave that shiz to the kids.

Lori

This is such a WEAK A$$ bust...any yokel cop knows Willy's bus and they figure it's a sure bet if they pull him over....the man is HOW OLD...and if this is such a "Gateway Drug"? I think he's busted that gate wide open...yet here he is, still touring and doing his thing...

Leave WILLY alone!

just sayin

Damn Malcolm that was so well said I think many won't follow it. lmao. And I agree... Free Willy! Let the man be to smoke his pot. He's hurting no one. Texas is one of the worst states to get busted in too. In 2010 their laws are just ridiculous.

str8balln

I'm getting sick of this ****! Can't even smoke a little God healing herb, leave us weed smokers the fcuk alone. I've got chrons disease and no weed right now which basically means i'm fcuked. I've had diarreah all day cause I ain't got one small bowl hit that could totally releive my simptoms. but you know what, when I have weed, I feel GREAT! no diarreah, no feeling horrible cause anytime I feel like crap I just light up a bowl of that stickey icky and all the simptoms disappear. Weed heals! but you stupid fcuks don't want to legalize it so we won't be bothered by the nosey a$$ cops wanting to know if I smoked a little bit of weed, Mind your own fcuking business, nah you know what, go hit some weed and get back to me when you realize how much marijuana is needed in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly

Just like Waylon sang..."Ain't no God in Mexico....Ain't no way to understand...how that border crossing feeling makes a fool out of a man."
That whole song was about Waylon getting set up and busted in Mexico.

I agree with Lori @ #6, the law knew it was a sure thing to pull over Willie Nelson's bus.

I love Willie (and Waylon), even named one horse Willie and one Gypsy!
I know...play "Seven Spanish Angels" with Willie and Ray Charles before the court!! Surely they'll have mercy on him then. There wont be a dry eye in the house.

FREE WILLIE!!

Hugh Jass

There will be no competent evidence that Willie legitimately got this as medical marijuana in Calif. So the guy at NORML is on drugs.

Also, #8 and #9 are probably on drugs, their comments just belie why dope should not be legalized!

BTW, Malcolm, ya don't commit "treason" against the Constitution, and, the Feds have pre-empted the whole area of law affecting controlled substances like marijuana, so it matters not what the states might do with medical marijuana or dope, it is a legitimate exercise of federal power under the Constitution and it has nothing to do with what you say. So, Straighten Out and Fly Right. So there.

tracker

ON THE TOP OF MY BUCKET LIST "A DAY WITH WILLIE,JUST CHILLIN ON THE BUS OF DREAMS' FREE WILLIE..EVEN IN MASSACHUSETTES YOU CAN CARRY AN OUNCE OF POT AND ONLY PAY A FINE...HEY WILLIE YOU,LL GET AT LEAST 10 GOOD SONGS FROM THIS 'HIGH WAY STOP" LOVE TO YOU.......

maney

Leave him alone...

Anon E Mouse

OMG leave him the hell alone.
This is just ridiculous.
When you have done so much and reached a certain age, you should be able to do what you want within reason and be left the hell alone.

tracker

Willie your livin the dream........playing your christmas cd now....grandma got run over by a reindeer....wow great song.....must have been chill when you wrote it! lovin you!!!

Kelly

Ha! Remember when said he got stoned on the roof of the White House?!

And Nixon gave Elvis an honorary Narcotics Agent badge?!

My, how times have changed!
Or should I say "Gee, ain't it funny how time slips away"

Joey

Anyone with an ounce of knowledge about Willie knows that he smokes pot. This "bust" was a cheap shot. They knew he was gonna have it. I'm mean come on he's Willie Nelson for cripes sake.

Leave Willie alone, he ain't hurtin nobody!

Eli

Well the world can rest easy now that this hardened criminal has been nabbed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments