Willie Nelson

High Stakes in Weed Arrest

11/29/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It may sound like a joke -- Willie Nelson getting busted for pot -- but the music legend could face some serious jail time ... and a pro pot group thinks they have a way to keep Willie out of the pokey.

1128_Willie_Nelson_TMZ_EX
Nelson was busted over the weekend in Texas for possession of six ounces of marijuana. A criminal defense attorney in Austin tells us 6 ounces could get Willie 6 months minimum and 2 years max.

But Bruce Margolin, director of the L.A. chapter of NORML, tells TMZ Willie has an ace in the hole -- convincing a jury he just forgot that the California-grown pot was on the bus -- and California is ok with medical marijuana.

Or he could just try the, I'm Willie Friggin' Nelson!!! defense.

Linda

So he was in HIS own tour bus, not driving, just relaxing and smoking some pot...BIG HAIRY DEAL! Get real here. It seems just wrong when you cannot be on your own tour bus smoking weed without this bs happening. Invasion of privacy for sure! Hey Willie, pass me a joint! I think this is crazy as heck. There were other people on his tour bus as well....and I read three were busted...so really, what bs. If that was all they were doing what is the big hairy deal all about? Willia has smoked for a long time. I have smoked for a long time. It is our choice. I do not do other drugs and I am sure he does not either. So, again, our choice, our private tour bus, home, or whatever and we get invaded by anal cops. The old bs about if you do pot you will do other drugs is just BULLSHI*! I NEVER did anything else but smoke. I NEVER got into an accident, nor killled someone. BUT, my neighbor takes morphine for back pain..and I broke my back in two places, herniated discs etc and I never got morphine and I was in TREMENDOUS pain, yet this guy gets morhpine given to him LEGALLY by our government and doctors and a year ago he passed out at the wheel, feel asleep, drifted off..whatever you wanna call the effect of morphine while driving and he HIT AND KILLED a 24 year old professional bike rider....and THAT IS LEGAL to do? You can drive on prescriptions drugs and even hit and kill someone and that is ok, but if you smoke pot you get busted. Hypocritical government is what it is!! Medical pot is ok too as long as the government controls that and you as well, but recreational kick back smoking and you get in trouble?! Not like he is a dealer, or selling it or anything like that. If I remember correctly Willie even smoked a joint on top of the White House!!! I LOVE THIS GUY AND I HOPE HE GETS OFF THIS INVASION OF PRIVACY BS BUST!

Rachel Rothechild

He is also against the oil industry and he is making a difference. So the powers that be do as the corporation demands. They will have to have a grand jury indict him no jury is going indict Willie Nelson over B.S.

Jody

That hippie has always smoked pot. I am glad he has been caught in Texas and I hope he gets put in jail for the entire six months, even though I don't think he will be.

Yepzie

No reason that Willie should spend one second in jail, no way 6 months minimum! What a waste of tax payer money!

ken

if it wasnt for weed to calm me down for the last 25 years. there would be alot of republicans with split lips!!!! i dont get my smoke then these rich golf players shouldnt be allowed to play golf. more people have died playin golf than smokin weed.

ken

i thought the REPUBLICANS want government out of our personal lives! oh ya thy are hypocrites!! your gay or you smoke weed you are less of a citizen. but the republicans only fight for the big buisnesses to have less regulation. but regulate the hell out of somthin thats never by itself killed anyone. more people have died playin GOLF than smokin pot. you people"anti weed" need to get a life and worry about your own!

macko

With all the other "illegal" problems in TX. Taxpayers should be concerned about government priorities. Pot bust makes national news, seriously...

Tami P.

Everyone on the face of this earth that knows of Willie Nelson Konws he smokes Pot. If the cops stop him ain't that entrapment? LOL Nawww really just leave this guy alone!!! We love ya Willie!!

dantethenomad

Come to Canada buddy we'll take care you _ FREE MARC & FREE WILLY! send our brothers home:)

Val

I don't smoke it or use drugs but it should be legal immediately. The only reason they don't is because the government and military run the largest drug operation in the world. They don't want competition and legalizing it would remove the black market. Hemp/cannibus is a wonder plant and can be used for everything from pain to fuel and is one of the greatest medicines in the world, which is why the medical profession also supports the ban. Look up the video "Run From the Cure" by Rick Simpson in Canada and learn how hemp oil can cure everything from diabetes to cancer. What a racket! Mother nature and the creator put theis miracle plant on the planet and it should be freely available.

OooooNooo!

He will be stoned and forget his court date -- just like he forgot to pay his taxes. Looser.

stumpy

Willy is a bit old to still be stoning.

Come on Willy, leave that shiz to the kids.

Posted at 12:46 AM on Nov 29, 2010 by Cartman
=============================
He is at the age where i plan to start smoking again
what better way to deal with getting old

Richard

ken benjamin

TEXAS! I thought the repulicans want government out of our lives. or is that only go for big buisness? stupid republicans will only learn when people call them out on thier hypocrocy!!! ITS AN HERB not a drug. DRUGS ARE MAN MADE. noone has ever died of weed alone. this whole war on drugs only make bad people rich. stop the insannity!!! legalize it you fascists!!

Mr Baxter

I concur with the experts. Take a trial by jury. He wont be convicted.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments