David Cassidy Pleads Not Guilty to DUI

11/30/2010 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Cassidy is adamant he was not drunk in dash cam video Florida officials released yesterday -- and this morning the former "Partridge Family" star officially plead not guilty to the DUI charge.

David Cassidy DUI

Cassidy -- who was charged with one count of DUI -- was not present in a Florida courtroom this morning when his attorney submitted the not guilty plea in writing.

If convicted, David could face up to 6 months in jail and a $1,000 maximum fine.

As we previously reported, David copped to taking a pain pill for his back earlier in the day -- and says he may have been tired from an early morning funeral he had to attend -- but dude claims he definitely wasn't drunk.

He's due back in court in January.

1130_mugshot_gallery_footer

gene yuss

Point me in the direction of My Attorney.

gene yuss

Point me in the direction of a martini.

GEL

#21 I will repeat this as often as need because from the other posts, some people think that David's father death was alchohol related. It was not.

Also there was no alchohol found at the scene and Jack's level was .12 at a time the legal limit (for driving, not for sitting in your living room) was .10. Jack didn't drive himself home. Jack was working at time so stop pretending he wasn't.

What David is doing is a whole lot worse.
Don't think you know the story and facts behind you if you don't

Posted at 8:16 AM on Nov 30, 2010 by CAROL
------------------------------------------------------

I totally agree with you. Not only did David register above the legal limit, he admitted to taking a pain pill on top of that. So he was already above the the legal limit with alcohol (one glass of wine my lilly white paootie!) he combined it with a pain pill (which I'm certain already had a warning to not operate heavy machinery while under the influence of said drug). People minimize what he's done...the common assumption is that DUI is strictly alcohol related, it's not! It simply stands for Driving Under The Influence...and that applies to drugs &/or alcohol. Not just illegal drugs either, prescription drugs such as whatever pain med he claimed to be on (Oxycodone, Lortab, Vicodin, Hydrocodone etc), those are NARCOTICS that you are not supposed to mix alcohol with, much less get behind the wheel of a vehicle and drive.

Now had he done that at home, I wouldn't care. It would be a bad decision on his part but it wouldn't endanger anyone else on the road. Instead he drank (more than he's admitting to by the registry level), while on a pain pill (or taking the pain pill after)...and got behind the wheel (while admittedly tired)...that is NOT someone fit to drive.

pamela

KZinmetry...I think I read that there was a half bottle of high end whiskey in the back seat....bad sign....I believe he is in denial about the whole thing....yes...he needs to "man up" and get some help....

pamela

cherylc

why do you permit so much spam on theses boards? Just sayin

gene yuss

Point me in the direction of straight aheadsy.

Sophia Beck

This is so David-was a hug fan until last year's concert in New York-Fans are just giving him a pity party-which he does not need. Poor David was treated badly-ummm how about all the fans he has treat like crap! Seriously-he is very defiant and it will only make things worse for him. He likes being a victim and people allow him to continue on the this drama. I wish he would be a man and own up to what he did!

Diane

hey TMZ why all the spam on here selling stuff??? guess you guys need the money,or all of us would not have to look at them everyother comment,please put an end to it,its crazy

CAROL

I guess I will say this as often as needs to be said.
Stop Comparing David to Jack Cassidy.

When Jack died

David is at .14 and driving around when the alchohol limit is .08.

David is responsible for his own problems.
Jack does have other children you know.

Lynn M

Regardless, he does appear from this picture to have a "wandering" right eye. He has a right to defend himself. He also has a right to make an *zz of himself. The rest will be dealt with in court.

ralph

He didn't look drunk in the video. He said his right eye can wander when he was tired, so I guess he tried to tell the cop he was tired.

gene yuss

Doesn't somebody want to get plastered like me, just like me.

Janet

Just pretend he's a Kardashian, Hilton or Lohan and he won't do any time or pay any fine.

mousetrap

Well, good luck David. I can't blame you for wanting to get out of it. No one want to be convicted of a crime. You did blow well over the legal limit, though. I hope your attorney comes up with a convincing way to explain or dismiss that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments