« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Erin Barry: I DID NOT Have Affair with Tony Parker

12/2/2010 10:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The woman named in the alleged Tony Parker sexting scandal is finally breaking her silence -- adamantly denying that she had an affair with Eva Longoria's husband.

1202_erin_berry_tony_parker_eva_BN

Erin Barry -- wife of Tony's former teammate Brent Barry -- just went to her website and wrote, "I DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH TONY PARKER, nor did I 'pursue' Tony Parker."

She continues, "Unfortunately, because our divorces are occurring at the same time, great speculation has been cast on our friendship."

"My friendship with Tony Parker had nothing to do with the end of my marriage (which is painful enough without this added drama), and to assume that we had an affair is naïve, ridiculous, and completely misguided."

See the entire statement after the jump ...

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Greetings all,

It has been brought to my attention that people who do not know me think that I have had an affair with Tony Parker. I have received hundreds of emails and phone calls from supportive friends who do know me and know that what is being insinuated about me is a complete lie. I am so busy with my children and law school studies that to take even a few moments out of my day to address this ludicrous issue is an annoyance. I only take the time to explain myself because apparently my silence, as a result of my indifference, has been construed as an admission of guilt. These are my words and this is the last you will hear from me on this subject because I have more important things to do.

I DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH TONY PARKER, nor did I “pursue” Tony Parker. Unfortunately, because our divorces are occurring at the same time, great speculation has been cast on our friendship. My friendship with Tony Parker had nothing to do with the end of my marriage (which is painful enough without this added drama), and to assume that we had an affair is naïve, ridiculous, and completely misguided.

Every day I dedicate myself to being a good person and the best Mom that I can possibly be for my two beautiful children. I pride myself on being a Mom first, an advocate for abused children second, and a law student third. Those are the things that are of the utmost importance to me. I have spent my adult life fighting for children who have been victimized so forgive me for not caring when someone tells me that my name is being dragged through the mud.

Salacious rumors are not what keep me awake at night. What keeps me awake is wondering how the 5-year-old who was taken away from her abusive family is sleeping during her first night in a children’s shelter. I worry about friends fighting overseas and whether or not they will return home to their families. I worry about the health of my children, my family, and my friends. I worry about soccer uniforms, carpool, immunizations, baseball practice, paying the bills on time, grocery shopping, the kid’s homework, and so many other things that may seem menial to some people; but to me are everything. Right now I worry about my law school finals… being a first year law student is much scarier than dealing with gossip!

Happy Thanksgiving. My family and I want thank our troops and their families for their sacrifices that enable us to enjoy our freedoms this holiday season.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my website. While you are here I would encourage you to get involved with (or donate to) the children’s organizations that fight child abuse and neglect in San Antonio or your part of the world.

God bless you and your family,

Erin Marie Barry
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

SeizeTheNight

Took her long enough to deny it.

SSinOC

"I DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH TONY PARKER, nor did I “pursue” Tony Parker.

He hit on me and we banged it out once or twice. That's it. :)

happilywed

Can anyone help me understand what the words "affair" and "pursue" mean currently or to this woman?

I ask because the meanings I generally understand don't appear to work in her sentences.

Joao

I noticed what wasn't a priority, being a wife or regards for her husband.

BTW. what was that tangent about... abused children. That chick needs to see a mental health professional, because she has a screw loose.

mikentosh

Nice statement that is very classy considering the cir***stances. If there was ever a denial that I believed, this one would be it. While there seems to be a lot of 'media training' behind her words, she's smart to focus on positives outside of herself - such as armed forces and children. If she was rescuing stray cats then she would have completely lost me though.

jane3172005

He is "BUTT-ASSED UGLY"...never understood her attraction to him in the first place...and now, apparantly, neither does SHE !!! LMAO...you go,EVA...get a good looking one NEXT time girl...you deserve it. ;)

ISLANDGIRL63

I HOPE IF IT WAS ALL HER GOING AFTER TONY, AND IT SOUND THAT WAY, THAT EVA ,WILL SEE THIS AND FIGHT FOR HER HUSBAND AND IF, EVA AND TONY HAS STARTED TO THIS OUT ,AS PICTURE ON ( TMZ ) I HOPE FOR THERE BEST , THERE ARE A CUTE COUPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mee

TWO SPOUSES COULDN'T HAVE JUMPED THE GUN AND RAN TO DIVORCE LAWYER'S IF THE ACCUSATION'S WERE NOT TRUE.

SoundsSuspicious

When a reporter confronted her, she cried out and said NO COMMENT running away. She's typical. Earned ZERO $ on her own and thinks she deserves Brent Barry's success. She obviously waited to get her story straight with Tony Parker and find out what everyone knows or will find out. It's funny how she's going on with her law student status. Who paid for that (um... Brent). Sounds whorish, doesn't it?

Sally

Why all of the texts with photos of body parts? Why did Eva file for divorce so fast? Must be some smoking gun behind all of this!!

Kari

The only naive, ridiculous and misguided person here is Erin--does she really believe people are going to believe this? Get real, Erin--this has nothing to do with two divorces at the same time.

Cliff

"First year law student"..bwhahahahahahahahaha!

blah, blah, blah......

OhSoLittleMouse

I hope she gets a yeast infection that lasts for a lifetime.

miz

She doesn't mention a word about the Sexting..... Dozens and Dozens of Flirty Sexy Text Messages. That's what all the Gossip was about.......Sounds like it was a Sexually charged Emotional Affair.

JLS

Dearest Erin,

As a first year law student I'm sure you know what evidence is. Eva has a mountain of evidence what you are stating here is a lie. Nice spin. You will make a great lawyer.

It takes one to know one.