Brooke Mueller

Enters Sober Living Facility

12/4/2010 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brooke Mueller checked into a sober living facility yesterday in Los Angeles ... sources tell TMZ.

Brooke Mueller
Sources close to Mueller tell TMZ it was Kathy Hilton who took her to the sober living house.

We're told Mueller made the decision herself, telling people close to her she "felt weak" and thought she needed professional counseling. According to our sources ... her two kids with Charlie Sheen, are currently staying with Mueller's parents.

As TMZ first reported, Mueller spent Thanksgiving in a sober living facility after what sources called a night of heavy partying in a Los Angeles hotel.

Mueller's lawyer, Yale Galanter, tells TMZ Brooke did indeed check into the sober living house, and  insists she did not have a relapse and is free to come and go as she pleases.

Galanter says she is doing it to "maintain her health."

bring back recent posts

I don't know where her parents live, but she needs to leave Hollywood if she can with her kids and live a normal life and have her supportive family around her, lord knows she can afford it. I wish her well, but hangin around that crazy place doesn't seem to work for addicts, just sayin..

beachy

"Sober Living Facility" that is such a moronic term.

Posted at 5:49 PM on Dec 4, 2010 by r00t4rd3d
*****************

You must be fortunate enough not to have an addiction. Also, you are showing your ignorance. Sober living facilities exist in great numbers across the US to help give people a clean start with a proper foundation. Now, who's the moron? Duh.

Having said that, I can say I feel sorry for their kids. These two parents need to get straight or sign off on their parental rights.

dumas1000

I will say Brook cares enough about her sobriety to at least take steps on her own. Some addicts have to be forced into doing so. Granted, I'm sure her children have something to do with it, but there is no legal pressure for Brook to remain sober. It's not like she'd be sent to jail just for falling off the wagon. She's an adult and she's responsible for her own situation, but she cares enough at least to try. Addiction can be a daily struggle. More of a struggle for some than others.

And I'm sure Brook is not friends with Paris either. It really is just a job. Hanging out with Paris is a reality TV gig. They pretend to be friends on camera and she brings home a paycheck. The Surreal Life was completely fake, and I know this show is 100% fake too. It's just not a terribly constructive job for a recovered addict to hang around with Paris Hilton.

Why in the world would anyone go clubbing, with P.Hill of all people, and take their sober coach along with them?

Sydney

I'd think Yale Galanter being Brooke's lawyer would be a conflict of interest....he's always talking to the media spinning the truth about Charlie. Typical whore attorney.

jenna

That is one woman who looks hot even when discheveled. Love her hair

Mark

I dont know when Brooke was checked in at this sober house,but I was looking at her in front of Joesph Martins in late afternoon..

alice

Oh, so what...

Paige

I wish women would wake up to the if I have kids I'll have it all doctrine even if he dumps me. Regular people think this works too. Even on that Real Housewives of BH's those gold diggers seem miserable. Stop wrecking kids lives!! A kid is not a VIP pass because you got the lucky sperm jackpot.

kr

Just curious.. why aren't they with their father instead of grandparents? She just dumps her kids cuz she's weak? How pathetic.

anonymous

KUDOS TO HER MOTHER????????????/WHO LIED AND DENIED SHE "PARTIED" AND GOT DRUNK ON THANKSGIVING, AND THAT IS WHY SHE HAD TO GO TO THE SOBER LIVING FACILITY...THIS IS JUST ANOTHER DINA AND LINDSAY LOHAN STORY, ONLY THING IS SHE HAS 2 BABIES TO TAKE CARE OF AND A HUSBAND WHO IS A A COCAINE AND ALCOHOL ADDICT AND A WIFE BEATER. HOPEFULLY AN EXHUSBAND SOON, BUT SHE IS STICKING UP FOR HIM...WHAT AN ADDICT SHE IS TOO...TRAGIC.

anonymous

IT IS LAUGHABLE THAT KATHY HILTON BROUGHT HER TO THE SOBER LIVING FACILITY...SHE SHOULD HAVE DUMPED PARIS AND HER BOYFRIEND CY WAITS THERE TOO....SOBER LIVING FACILITY IS FOR AFTER REHAB....WHEN CLEAN AND SOBER...SOUNDS LIKE SHE HAS HAD TO INCIDENCES WHERE SHE SLIPPED, SO SHE NEEDS REHAB, NOT SOBER LIVING...SHE SHOULD NOT BE AROUND PARIS HILTON, THAT'S FOR SURE, TOXIC...PARIS AND CY. COCAINE AND ALCOHOL ADDICTS, AND MARIJUANA...FELONS. WOW, WATER FINDS THE SAME LEVEL..HOW SAD..CPS NEEDS TO DEAL WITH THOSE KIDS...TRAGIC.

Jim in Cali

This is such a joke. Smells of a PR stunt for her reality show

JLS

At this point I feel VERY sorry for the babies. WTF are they going to do? She's in rehab, she's out, she's back in sober living, she's out. Yo yo living is not good for babies.

I think somebody better look at custody here. One stable parent would be nice. This is serious business.

JLS

If this is for publicity for her new show, it's done in VERY POOR taste! It would make me NEVER WATCH this show.

Between filming her show and her addictions, there is no time left for her sons. That much is crystal clear.

Cartman

She is fine as hell. I would be happy to force some rehab on her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments