Demi Lovato's Attack Victim

The Bruising Photos

12/4/2010 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Lovato left one hell of a mark when she punched a female backup dancer in the face on a private jet back in October ... and TMZ has obtained photos of the eye-swelling damage.

1203-the-damage-launch-tmz-ex-2-credit

Sources close to Welch tell us ... the dancer was simply minding her own business on a private jet leaving Bogota, Colombia ... when Demi "walked up to Alex and with a closed fist, struck her on the left side of her face."

We're told Alex was knocked clean out of her seat -- and had to receive emergency medical attention.

Lovato was immediately removed from the plane and eventually returned home -- and then checked herself into a treatment center shortly after.

Alex -- who completed the remaining dates on the Jonas Brothers tour -- has now lawyered up with high powered Beverly Hills attorney Donald Karpel and we're told she's "considering her legal options."

Tiffanilynn16

So you got punched in the face--my god, suck it up. I'd be more embarrassed about showing off my tiny bruises.

Tiffanilynn16

mark

I don't think that Demi will work for Disney after this. Of course we don't know why she did it but looks like she did it and it doesn't look good. The girl dancer (Alex?) was there to work, not to be abused.

Demi made a big mistake, BIG.

cj

Maybe Alex wasn't totally without fault. But it was a private plane ....with people who knew Demi and Alex. They removed Demi, who immediately went in to rehab.
Doesn't that indicate to you that Demi probably was out of control? It most likely wasn't about a single punch.

Cat

People with drug issues to horrible things. It doesnt excuse the behavior for ever laying hands on another human being. I am a domestic violence survivor and was raised in a home in which I was abused. I made a choice to never ever raise a hand to another human being. I do really hope she went into rehab for all the right reasons and not to avoid bad press and litagation. The violence that young girls are showing is frightening these days. My son was hit in the eye had his lip split and his face scratched by a crazy ex girlfriend. Did she get suspended from school? NOOOO! at what point will this nation wake up and see THERE IS NO EXCUSE!! You have a choice! Either you chose to be human or not. While we are human let us remain humane

Kelly

"These photos were taken days after Demi socked Alex Welch in the face -- leaving visible bruises on her left eye and cheek."
---------------------------------------------------------------

Okay my question is why did she wait "days" to take the pictures?? It's pretty common knowledge that a bruise will turn purple, green, yellow, etc as it is healing.
Did she wait for it to turn a dark enough shade to cash in??
Cameras are everywhere, even on cell phones.
I'd love to know her reason for waiting.
Very interesting, I say.

Yaya

Thry removed Demi because she reacted with violence. Alex had to provoke her some how. Not including why would the Jonas Brothers get rid of Alex when they needed their dancers. They just wanted the show to themselves. Wow a little bruise, she was still preforming and happy so why find out your legal options. Just send Demi one of your dinky black eye photos and have her autogragh it maybe then your black eye will be worth something...

Cat

Opps I mean to say people who are drug addicts< do >terrible things not< to >...and who said pictures were not taken when she was attacked and it was witnessed and Ms D was removed from the plane...it was witnessed and she recieved emergency care . and add into the fact she was in COLUMBIA the country not the united states and she had a tour to finish...it is a shame that a few people who lie about being abused make it difficult for the real victims to come forward. It is a shame when Rhianna was beaten bloody so many asked what did she do to deserve it? THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR EVER PUTTING YOUR HANDS ON ANOTHER HUMAN BEING YOU HAVE THE POWER TO WALK AWAY

MIDNIGHT TOKER

walk it off babe

Truth

THE CHIC DID FINISH ALL HER CONTRACTED DATES WITH THE JONAS BROTHERS... DESPITE THE BLACK EYE. TELLS ME SHE CANT SUE FOR LAST WAGES OR TAKING ANY TIME OFF TO DEAL WITH THE SO-CALLED TRAUMATIZING BLACK EYE. SOUNDS LIKE THE MEDICAL STAFF HAD EVERYTHING DEALT WITH FOR FREE SO SHE CANT SUE FOR MEDICAL EXPENSES. ONLY THING SHE CAN SUE FOR IS PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHICH MIGHT BE ALL OF $10K GRAND + LAWYERS FEES. MAN, THIS SHIET ISNT EVEN WORTH THE EFFIING HASSLE!! JUST SOCK LAVATO RIGHT BACK - EYE FOR AN EYE. MUCH MORE SATISFACTION IN THAT METHINKS..

chunx

Someone needs to show this pic to Oksana and let her see what a black eye REALLY looks like! This is what you look like when u are truly hit in the face with a closed fist!!!! Lol

Posted at 2:08 AM on Dec 4, 2010 by twilightmom

totally agree twilightmom! this girl has more damage to her face than Oksana does in her abuse photos.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Did she wait for it to turn a dark enough shade to cash in??
Cameras are everywhere, even on cell phones.
I'd love to know her reason for waiting.
Very interesting, I say.

Posted at 4:51 AM on Dec 4, 2010 by Kelly
what emergency crew has a camera with them and takes pictures..none I have ever seen and why take a picture until it is at its worst..

Kelly

'You know the Emergency crew that tended to her would have taken a picture or noted it in some way, if it was there then."
---------------------------------------------------------------

Or noted it in some way

and I had a picture taken at the hospital because of my ex husband.

I'm NOT saying she went to the hospital befrore you go there.

Liza

To all the people who are making snide remarks against the girl who got punched in the face, you need to get a grip. Are you telling me that if she punched you like that, you wouldn't be a little pissed too? Give me a freakin break. I'm sure all of you you would haul a$$ to the closest lawyer as well. Whatever this girl might have done to her, putting your hands on someone is wrong and I hope Demi pays the price for it. Spoiled brat.

LM

It's BOGOTA, COLOMBIA....How about using spell check in your stories???? Bogata, Culumbia is rather ignorant spelling.