Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Victory in Diet Book Debacle

12/6/2010 7:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck didn't hijack any gluten-free diet advice from another book-writing health nut ... this according to a judge who just threw out a lawsuit against the "View" co-host.

Elizabeth Hasslebeck Diet and Exercise

Hasselbeck had been sued by Susan Hassett back in 2009 -- after Hassett alleged EH's book, "The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide," was a rip-off of her book, "Living with Celiac Disease."

The judge had originally 86'd Hassett's case on a technicality -- but she re-filed ... and Friday, it was decided once and for all that Hassett didn't have enough evidence to prove Hassselbeck violated her copyright.

An attorney for Hasselbeck tells TMZ, "Today's ruling is a complete victory. It confirms that Elisabeth wrote her best-selling book "The G-Free Diet" based on her own personal experiences and did not copy a thing from the plaintiff."

Bippy

Now she needs to write a book for Whoopi Goldgerg - Titled "HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR FAT UGLY SELF"!!!!

bring back recent posts

Judges make errors all the time, I def believe the plaintiff, but nothin she can do about it now, sucks for her not gettin justice!

kp

I wish that Ms. Thing would just go away, all of them that are on "da view"

jack

Remind me again why are we taking dietry advice from a reality show contestant? This woman is more dull than a Kardashian!

S

Being on a gluten free diet doesn't mean you're a "health nut", TMZ. It means you have an autoimmune disease (Celiac disease) and you have to follow a strict, gluten free diet just to be healthy enough to live normally. Just sayin'.

Tweety

#5 - Yes - I agree...I wish they would allllllll go away on the view. Especially E. Hasselback....so uppidy.

www.hairclub.com

howard Sterns pen is has an all protien diet for her. Giggedy.

Jen

She is full of hot air and herself

Trev

Guarantee the suer is a liberal ...

helen

I believe she DID STEAL THAT BOOK !
Only reason she won, well...we all know that RICH POWERFUL PEOPLE CAN AFFORD THE BEST ATTORNEYS. The other individual has my sympathies. As for elizabeth...SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen

I can't stand this loud mouth bimbo. The only reason she is still on the show is because she kisses Barbara's butt. She is in love with her own annoying voice.

soulofanangel

More good news for the "beautiful" people, yeah, that's what the "common" people want to hear.

May the "young one" tell Joy Behar to take her duck-lipped lard-filled self back to the Receptionist Desk as she has risen, thru affirmative action, ABOVE her intelligence and capabilities.

Joy Behar, empty The View co-host chair, Joy Behar empty HLN chair and put your big old butt back in the unemployment line.

Aileen (Canada)

I wish Elizabithch, the shrill, thieving wind bag would just disappear. Bad luck to that poor author who has to live with the "justice" that was handed out today. That troll stole every word from the original book and she has to live with that!!!

zsazsa

I have Elizabeth's book,and I have found it has helped me ,I do not know if her book is copied ,one thing I do know is having to be on a Gluten free diet is usually similar symptom's with others .She is not my favorite person,but I am thank-full for her book :D

observant

oh please - Hasselbeck at Reece's Pieces on their Halloween show - loaded with gluten.

I believe she has about as much celiac disease as I do and I don't.....

What she DID have was a repuglican judge this time......and her father-in-law once again, the famous Donald Hasselbeck.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments