'Captain Awesome' Dude Gets ID'd

12/10/2010 8:00 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

That crazy guy who legally changed his name to "Captain Awesome" now has the official Oregon state identification to prove it.

1209-captain-awesome-ex-wm-credit

Last month, unemployed 27-year-old Douglas Allen Smith Jr. legally changed his name after a character on the TV series "Chuck."

Good thing he's not a "Grey's Anatomy" fan, "McSteamy" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

glenngrabcello

this guy couldn't get laid in prison, not that I would have any reason to know, of course.

aquanet

5'2" explains everything.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

mclovin would at least have been funny

ManiacalZebra

If you have to change your name to "Awesome," you are probably the opposite. At 5'2" (shorter than me, even!), he's probably got a few inadequacies he's trying to overcome. The name change will make him the subject of more ridicule than anything else. I plan to help with the ridicule.

Loser!

South Side

People are gonna kick his arse just they can say they beat up "Captain Awesome." At 5'2" I'm pretty sure he's used to it though.

Jack

that's really going to help him find a job. Add him to the list of people permanently living off the government. Probably going to claim mental disability.

Fan

Try googling "captain awesome id" You'll see how far his fame has spread. What a strange world this is...

No driver's license, no car, no permanent address, no hair, no height, no job, yet this guy is in the media around the entire freaking world! He's getting more publicity than if he were Oksana's lawyer for a week.

Talk about free publicity, he scored on this one. Too bad he can't cash in on it.

Jason

Oh, c'mon.....this is friggin' AWESOME!!!

You just wish you had the balls to do it. Stop hating on the poor guy, he has to go by Captain Awesome now....isn't that bad enough??

Kristin

I've lived in oregon my whole life and I have known doug "captain Awasome" since elementary school he is a really sweet guy everyone needs to get a life and leave him alone, and for the people who are bashing oregon, eugene is a beautiful, safe town.

Mike

When your life becomes a punch line it's time to kill yourself.

Amanda

Captian Awesome is my cousin and you all need to stop hating and get a life your just pissed that you didnt do it. He has lived in the same house for years and is a great person, I am proud to have him in my family and think he has great ambition towards life and does not want to be like everyone else he is a individual and could give a f*@k what anyone thinks or has to say about him...Love you Captian Awesome!

OregonBoy

Another WACK JOB from Oregon who wants his 15 minutes of FAME.

BG

Captain Awesome weighs 140 lbs AWESOME!

Susie

LOL oh my goodness, this guy is a fool...the one guy said it right he is captain dumbass and to the other no dude he is not ever getting ***** again unless it's from a bar skank!

P-town Girl

Thanks for giving the rest of Oregonians a bad name...Capt. Awesome...yeah lets see this guy get a job now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments