Mel Gibson's Church -- Shutting Down Mass Services

12/9/2010 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mega church is putting the brakes on all congregational services because of a picture that was taken on church grounds this weekend and then passed on to TMZ.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
Sources connected with the church tell us ... Gibson was "extremely concerned about the invasion of privacy." One source adds, "He is not just concerned that photos of his daughter were taken at the church, he is concerned for the privacy of his parishioners."

Members of the Holy Family Chapel in Agoura, CA received an email notice from church honchos yesterday which read, "There will be no Masses here at Holy Family Chapel until further notice."

Our sources tell us, however, that limited services will continue to be provided. In fact, a service was conducted yesterday -- the Holy Day of Obligation  -- for long term parishioners.

Ketchikan9

It wasn't "The" Holy Day of Obligation it was "a" Holy Day of Obligation specifically the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

Tellthetruth59

In other religious news white smoke was seen coming from Ox's chimney announcing that she has just opened her own church "Church of the Immaculate Interception of he Almighty Dollar" and Gloria Allred will be the new pope and Heather Mills will be named a Cardinal.

Posted at 9:31 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
--------------------------------------------

Lol! Very cute and funny, Tell. How about Archbishop?

Posted at 9:51 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by Genna
------------------------------------------

Malibu Barbie Bloom - they are grooming her to be Pope but she needs to work her way up and earn her turtleneck.

chickenblaster

Will TMZ tell us who gave them the photos?

Maya 28

Posted at 9:39 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by maya
----------------------------------------------------------

Will the Oxi trolls ever stop being stupid? NO...

But i believe the same person who sold the pictures is also on the church's email list and can be considered as "the sources"?

Cheers

Chicken

Genna

Geeez .. Ole Harvey doesn't publish anything Ole Mel doesnt' want him to publish.

Posted at 9:51 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by SOOTHE

-----------------------------------

Hmmmm...so Mel asked Harvey to publish all those stories about the 2006 incident that blasted his career with a canon.

And OG was in touch with ROL every day pleading with them to cease and desist from airing those tapes, and publishing the photos she gave to them.

Sure.

Shell

chicken, I agree with you.

azlee

SOOTHE, do you remember it was good ole harvey that went after Mel with a vengance in 2006? I do mean he went after him. TMZ was the site that left nothing unturned on Mel Gibson. So if you think Harvey or TMZ would just shade mel in a good fashion, then think again. They have been the most impartial on this case, but with what they know Harvey seems to lean more against ox because he probably knows more of what is going on that isn't cool. Believe me, if there is something against mel they would announce it.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I agree Shell, they show what low humans they are each and evey post. Like Soothe (what a false moniker that is!). They can't live on my island with me. But you can! (I would have shoveled out a spot too. :)

I can't contribute this to Ox camp either. I think it was someone that needed Christmaas money. THAT was more important to them than the fact they were hurtng others. Period.

I feel so badly for Mel and his family. :( It makes be feel badly to be posting about this--Posting here services those that buy and sell pictures that hurt.

azlee

You know Dan, that was good post. It also seemed to be pointed in all directions....ox, the picture taker, Mel, us reading here, etc.
great post
_________
I'm not a Mel hater, but he will always be in the public eye and should expect that he has no privacy when out in the public. The person that took this picture and sold it should be ashamed of themselves! Just because you go to church and claim to be a Christian doesn't make you one!!!! You must pic up the cross and live a life pleasing to God......and soliciting private pictures of a family is NOT pleasing to God!!

Posted at 9:52 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by dan

Genna

Posted at 9:55 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by Tellthetruth59

-----------------------------------------

Yes but only after the dust has cleared over the cat fights between Gloria, Heather and Malibu Barbie over who looks better in scarlet versus purple. Priorities, priorities.

maya

If Ari Emanuel puts out a blacklist on Mel Gibson, how wise is it for those who work in the business to go against his wishes? Would Harvey Levin ignore Ari Emanuel?

Maya 28

Babushka

Will the Oxi trolls ever stop being stupid? NO...

Cheers

Chicken

Posted at 9:56 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by chickenblaster

________________

Hi chicken!!!
Good point. Oksana is not the first person in history to use a religious place of worship as a means to get close to and manipulate a powerful person.

I have no doubt that back when the priests at HFC began instituting security measures to keep papparazzi out of the church, that there was good reason for it. Many people criticized Mel G. and the priests of HFC for instituting those measures (an application process) but I can see why.

And frankly, in case it hasn't been mentioned, the Canons of the Church allow for such a process. Specifically, the canons allow for a priest to restrict ANYONE from entering the church front door in the first place, and also allow for the priest to ban all unbaptized, non catechized attendees and tell them to leave the Church right before Communion. In the good ole days of lion-feeding, this was to prevent informers from running to the authorities and telling tall tales.

A Catholic Church, and Orthodox Churches as well, are generally open to the public but that does not mean they belong to the public. They are run according to canons and church laws that are 2000 years old. Tinker with that, and you do not have a Catholic or Orthodox church.
Doesn't sit well with an American audience that is used to doing whatever it pleases without asking permission or grace from anyone.

I have no doubt that HFC has at least one papparazzi posing as a catechized "baptized" member of the Catholic faith.

In the words of my fifteen year old daughter, "freakin' apostate traitor".

don't make me laugh

I just think it's sad they can't even go to church and be left alone.

Kelly

Am I the only one thinking the timing is suspicious??

Okay, just saying...Harvey just happened to be on vacation when the pic was leaked to TMZ.

I only say this because of what Mad Mel said before.

Harvey is a nice guy and Mel is an overpaid bully. I just hope the same things that were said (by Mel's team) before to be brought up now.

Shell

Posted at 10:00 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by Sam
===========================================================

LOL I would love to live on an island...but I would need a beach umbrella to sit under cause I'm not an admirer of the sun. I like the shade. snort!

Whoever sold the pics, I hope karma bites 'em in the a$$. I almost wish TMZ would pull those pics now out of respect.

don't make me laugh

But since we did see the pics,he's looking good,which is good,he looks healthy.