Mel Gibson's Church -- Shutting Down Mass Services

12/9/2010 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mega church is putting the brakes on all congregational services because of a picture that was taken on church grounds this weekend and then passed on to TMZ.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
Sources connected with the church tell us ... Gibson was "extremely concerned about the invasion of privacy." One source adds, "He is not just concerned that photos of his daughter were taken at the church, he is concerned for the privacy of his parishioners."

Members of the Holy Family Chapel in Agoura, CA received an email notice from church honchos yesterday which read, "There will be no Masses here at Holy Family Chapel until further notice."

Our sources tell us, however, that limited services will continue to be provided. In fact, a service was conducted yesterday -- the Holy Day of Obligation  -- for long term parishioners.

azlee

dd, no wouldn't happen that way. I have a feeling this was not reported exactly right, you have to remember there is a board like team, other churches call them deacons. They meet and decide, Mel doesn't just do anything he wants at the church. He couldn't. Maybe like a CEO type though where he gives his input.

JWebb

Church or Katy Perry in a LATEX LEOTARD!

Tellthetruth59

Sounds like nasty religious bigotry to me.

Tee hee

Posted at 11:01 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by middleagedcrazy
-------------

It is religious bigotry but it's okay because they are talking about Catholics. It's the last religion people are allowed to publicly bash. In fact it's politically correct to bash Catholicism.

And they call Mel a bigot...

yo

Team Mel is pure, unadulterated evil posing as money.

don't make me laugh

Dd seems so...worried over the closing of mel's church.What's the problem? you can't take anymore pics dd?Why do you care what goes on in his church?Pretty sure you can find another one.

azlee

oh heavens that sad but true Tell.

Tellthetruth59

Team Mel is pure, unadulterated evil posing as money.

Posted at 11:08 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by yo
--------------------------------------

ROFL! How do you pose as money? I HOPE I don't look like Ben Franklin. He's fug.

yo

Yes, it's true, Team Mel's Church that Mel bought *IS* nasty, religous, extremist, bigotry personfied.

That's what Mel is all about, and always has been. His father raised him to be that way.

azlee

shaking my head fast and furious. I don't want to see Katy Perry in a latex anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soulofanangel

NEWSFLASH,Mel Gibson, building your own church doesn't give YOU the fast track to heaven.

And IF you DO get to heaven, and only God would know the learning lesson involved, prepare yourself for all those you have hated for whatever reason, waving you in for THEIR WELCOME!

P E A C E O N E A R T H

dd

@ Azlee I kind of do think it's more to this...it could be this was voted on months ago. I wonder if the church became a financial burden?

don't make me laugh

No hope for yoy in their own twisted world,to bad so sad.Throwing dirt in my eyes to cry.

azlee

there are a couple of nasty flies buzzing around here, can someone smack them or should we just do the bug spray?

rolling eyes.

don't make me laugh

Soulofanangel you sound like hell to me.

CarolynAB

Are you proud of yourself, Mr. Levin?
You encouraged the trespass and deceit at a private property.
What if an activist took unauthorized photos inside a synagogue and sold them to the highest bidder? Would you feel responsible for any subsequent safety issues in its wake?