Mel Gibson's Church -- Shutting Down Mass Services

12/9/2010 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mega church is putting the brakes on all congregational services because of a picture that was taken on church grounds this weekend and then passed on to TMZ.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
Sources connected with the church tell us ... Gibson was "extremely concerned about the invasion of privacy." One source adds, "He is not just concerned that photos of his daughter were taken at the church, he is concerned for the privacy of his parishioners."

Members of the Holy Family Chapel in Agoura, CA received an email notice from church honchos yesterday which read, "There will be no Masses here at Holy Family Chapel until further notice."

Our sources tell us, however, that limited services will continue to be provided. In fact, a service was conducted yesterday -- the Holy Day of Obligation  -- for long term parishioners.

Curious

Genna -

LOL, howdy and hugs and stuff :)

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Curious,

put it on a level floor. Take something that is the right thickness you want off of it (a thin book?) Put the book next to a leg, draw a line on the leg AL the way around (will help you keep your cut even) at the book level, move to next leg, repeat. If you don't have a table saw or a miter saw, I suggest a slow cut with a coping saw (little hand saw with small teeth) NOT a circular saw. Make sure and cut even/straight thru. And plan on using some type of 'furniture glide' on them to even out your rough cut.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

PS: you can buy ready made replacement legs a Lowes.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Belinda,

lol. Well, to be honest, I DO know more about tools than cooking equipment! lol(how sad is that??)

azlee

nothing on hollywood tv either. strangeeeeeeeee.

kali

Hey strangers :)

I can't believe there is still no new story, I figured at least today there would be one already.

Could have sworn Harvey said the other day on live he had something new on them but guess he didn't/couldn't post it?

Hope all goes well for Mel today :)

Genna

I have a funny story to share:

I’m typing up a review for Amazon.com on OG’s CD. (Can’t resist this opportunity…especially given the ghastly PR media campaign she has waged against Mel.) So, to be fair, I listened to all of the CD tracks…at least as much as I could stand before getting a headache. My husband was listening and cried out, "Good God, what the hell is that? Turn it off!” I laughed so hard, I had tears in my eyes.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Oo Genna, that sounds swell. Please post it here too. I wanna read it and I don't want to give her CD page the hits.

Belinda

Posted at 11:51 AM on Dec 15, 2010 by Genna
__________________________________________________________

Wow ... you are one tough cookie yourself! How many aspirins did it take to make the pain go away? Are you having nightmares now?

Tellthetruth59

@Genna - ROFLOL! At your husband!

Curious

Sam -

Thank you :). I C&P your advice for the next time I attempt anything more complicated than changing a lightbulb, lol.

Seriously though, I'm going to try it on that "boot shelf". Maybe put an end to family's snickering every time they see it. Hmph.

Tellthetruth59

I'm beginning to feel like one of those crazy aunts that the family wants to lock in the basement in order to keep them away from polite company and society. I think Harvey doesn't want the other members of the site exposed to us so he's keeping us locked in this thread. That's pretty sad when your on a gossip site lol!

Curious

Genna -
ROFL-ing at your story!

kali -
Howdy stranger :)

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Yes, practice on the already cut shelf! :)

You'll need to balance that shelf on something to get it leveled out. Make sure it's sturdy and not shifting around.

Practice on a scrap piece (or two) with whatever you use for the saw too.

Genna

Posted at 11:55 AM on Dec 15, 2010 by Belinda

--------------------------------------

Lol. I had no idea the entire CD was this bad.

Here's a sentence from the review: (I haven't finished it yet.)

"The immediate problem is her singing, which is mediocre at best, and her overconfident ‘fortissimo’ that causes the listener to wince."

Previous 15 Comments | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments