Miley Cyrus

Bong Video

Partying with a Bong

12/12/2010 9:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus celebrated her 18th birthday by experimenting with a bong and catching a case of the giggles -- but sources say she was not smoking marijuana.

The video was shot during a party at Miley's L.A. area home 5 days after her 18th birthday.

According to a source connected with Miley ... the smoke filling the bong is a natural herb called salvia which has psychedelic qualities. Possession of salvia is legal in California.

As for the video ... the source tells us it was shot by one of Miley's friends --  and the theory is someone stole or copied the video from that friend's camera.

PB

First of all, some friend! Stolen or not, a good friend would not have done that.
And number two, here we go again. It's like Britney & Lindsay all over again.
What a disappoinment. I don't care what she's smoking, it's the gateway.

onelove627

WOW what great friends! They sounded like they were really encouraging her to get stupid so they could tape her, sell the footage, make some money and laugh all the way to the bank, while the rest of us tear her down. Is she stupid for messing with that crap....yes. Is she young....yes. Does she have that right kind of guidance in her life....no. This crap might be legal, but she's surrounding herself with people who are not good. It's only time before she's in rehab with the rest of them. Sad. Even though I don't really like her music.

L

Salvia just because it's an herb doesn't mean its not dangerous. So glad she is not a role model for my kids. I can already predict where this is going.

annie

i can not believe!

FlamingoNut

What a stupid little twit! How proud are you now, Billy Ray?!?!?!?!?!

Jay

Ummm how bout the "friend" sold it. Miley will be the next Lohan in 3...2....1...

SoBe

I’m not going sit here to criticize Miley for experimenting with drugs, because let’s be honest people, I would say the majority of us here experimented at that age, be it with drugs or alcohol, most of us did it, so stop being hypocrites and passing judgement for that.

I will however say she is a little dumb for letting her friends record her, that was just dumb, she’s a celebrity and should know better.

kerr

That's not Salvia. First Salvia smoke is rather hot if you don't smoke it out of a pisser with water in it to cool it down, and so she would have coughed a lot more. Second Salvia makes you tired and lethargic and just want to lie down and experiences things, that is if you don't have a horrible trip.

I call drunk or stoned off weed.

Grandma Cracker

hummmm....Lil Lindsay? Too bad, get smart girl

Enough Already

And we're surprised by all this because.........???

Bodie

Wow she should do a friend check about who she hangs with. The camera girl was trying to get what ever she could out of her. Good god what kind of friend is that?

Brad

She is the next Lindsey Lohan. Bad parenting. I predict an OD death within 3 years.

Amy

Give her a break,gosh,I was smoking pot and having a good time with my friends when I was 15 years old. She's just having fun!!!!

Lucy

What a wonderful role model for my grand daughter. Another worthless rich Lyndsey Lohan in the making.

Charlene

OmG just let her be a normal teen sometimes... besides most teens go for weed... she's smoking legal ****...