Miley's Herb Salvia

Classified as

'Drug of Concern'

12/10/2010 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus' drug of choice -- salvia -- has been listed as a "drug of concern" by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.

Salvia Effects: What is Salvia
According to the DEA -- salvia is a Mexican herb that can be smoked to "evoke hallucinogenic effects."

In fact, the DEA states, "Psychic effects include perceptions of bright lights, vivid colors and shapes, as well as body movements and body or object distortions."

But that's not all -- the DEA adds ... other effects include uncontrolled laughter and overlapping realities. Negative physical effects may include incoordination, dizziness, and slurred speech.

According to Scientific American Magazine, the DEA is currently "looking into the drug" to determine if it should be considered "on par" with LSD and heroin.

However, research conducted by several universities -- including Harvard -- show salvia may have some serious medicinal value ... and could help improve treatments for conditions like schizophrenia and addiction.

Dr. Joe Haraszti -- an L.A. psychiatrist -- tells us, "Animal data suggest that salvia is not addictive. But people will try it once and since it's such an intense and unpleasant experience that they will not want to do it again."

The battle over salvia is raging in the scientific community. Currently, it's legal in most U.S. states ... including California.

margaret

wow, with friends like this you don't need enemies. its obvious whoever was filmimg was directing the camera solely at miley to sell the video.

Me

So according to TMZ sources.. she is supposedly smoking salvia.. Really?? Really??

karlew

#2 Celebrities suck

You're an idiot. Just keep buying into the hysteria you moron. I've smoked for thirty years and have never touched anything else. I have a good job, a great education, a house on a lake, a well educated, balanced and happy child, a 30 year marriage, and good health. Pot doesn't cause people to be drug addicts and ruin their lives, stupidity does.

Quinn

# 2 - Celebrities Suck - NO that is NOT the way it starts. I am an adult and I smoke pot AND I have a VERY good job in a VERY good field and I make quite a bit of money. I don't do coke or any other drugs and don't even really drink. - So don't go on with this pot is a gateway drug BS. - The government has marijuana in the same drug clas as cocaine. It's a joke. The reasons weed was made illegal in the first place are political ... because it is A WEED. It is like how the FDA made ma huang (ephedra sinica)(a chinese herb that has been around for 5000 years)illegal because of approximately 20 deaths HOWEVER the FDA took YEARS to remove Vioxx from the market even after over 20,000 deaths. That's because the government and FDA can't make money off herbs. -- The new thing is that the government wants to let people know how bad vitamins are for them. It is DISGUSTING. I'm not saying saliva is a good herb I don't know enough about it but marijuana is not harmful and studies even printed by the NY Times mind you have shown it to be anti carcinogenic. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Whip It

Lolz
High as a Kite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the eyes R the mirror to the soul, she's singing "rude boy"
aha ha ready And willing to take it NOW all of it =P aha ha
new hoe meat in hollywood, it'll be fresh just a few till she's all used up, typical story then cast aside. You can tell a lot of honchos have already had a piece of this meat.
The funny thing is she probably thinks she's the seducer. <3

whatta ya know, yawn! only the strong survive in this town sweetie.

hey-0oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

~whip it, whip it real Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!

Deviant

Im with #8 on this one... And i would NEVER smoke salvia either. Salvia is WAY worse than pot. I have seen a 25 yr old 6'2' man hit it once and say "Oh Fuuuuuuuu" then he started drooling and he kept bangging his head on the wll behind him. Another one of my friends dropped staright to the ground face first then on the floor he bangged his head another 3 times, when he got up he said"I felt like I hit the floor 4 times". Another guy said he was stuck on a cereal box and couldnt get out. None of my girlfriends ever tried it either we were all scared, we saw what it did to the guys. Soooo yeah,that was totally pot it might have been her first time.. Salvia my butt Miley!

JR Jake

Easy come and easy go. Someone recovers and another falls. One is born and another dies. The cycles of life are meant to create baselines by which we establsih our routes. 'do as I say not as I do' was borne from this, but since reading is not part of everyday life for many unless they are text's, oblivion is thy calling. Good luck Lindsey cuz I think you will do well, Miley is on her way 'on the road again..............'

ignorant non-apple user

Thanks for reffering a new/unknown drug to everyone. I'd bet this will be a hot commodity asap! I'm interested thats for sure.

YOU are what's wrong with this world

How can anyone be wrong for how they think? No matter what, you are right because it is your view. Ya'll need to stop being so damn ignorant and insisting that you know everything because you don't.

mac

She is 18 years old.. who doesn't experiment and party when they are 18 years old? Everyone needs to chill out, it was obviously her first time trying salvia because they were telling her how to do it and like most people they video taped it because you act like a goof on it

BizzleB

Its not salvia...its weed. Anyway salvia is much worse than weed- people have bad trips, seizures, panic attacks...

Jones1234

Drinking drain cleaner is legal to, that doesn't mean it's not completely irresponsible.
Look, weed might be illegal, but all it does is get you high and consume bags of cheetos.
Salvia is legal but it ****S YOU UP. Badly.
There is no comparison and arguing over the legality of the substance is really missing the point.

kassemore

can anybady cooking this plant lolzzz

i remember when i`am 20 years old i find some one can make it

taylor

The people commenting here are so stupid. Salvia is legal in just as many countries as it is illegal. In Canada you can buy it at stores. If you watch the way she smokes it in the video she clearly has no idea how to use a bong or smoke salvia. With salvia you have to hit it and then hold it for 30 seconds before exhaling and the fact that she removes her mouth while the bong is full of smoke just shows how much of an amateur she is. If you get good stuff (80x or higher) you can have a total trip away from reality but all she did in the video was laugh, so she was probably only smoking 20-30x. Salvia trips only last for 2-10 minutes and then you're more or less fine. It doesn't make you aggressive like alcohol for some people and it doesn't even give you munchies. People who are calling her a pothead for trying salvia have clearly never smoked either before. There's nothing wrong with trying salvia out with a group of friends.

Brett G

I once smoked salvia and tripped so hard I thought I was trapped in the handle of a He-Man sword I had when I was six. This stuff is no joke