Miley Cyrus & Salvia

'I'll Have

What She's Having'

12/13/2010 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus is now the inadvertent celebrity endorser of salvia -- because ever since that video of her smoking a bong full of it came out ... we're told sales of the herbal drug are sky high.

Salvia Divinorum
According to people who deal, legally, in salvia divinorum ... sales have increased since Friday -- in some cases up to 3 times the usual tally.

TMZ spoke with several head shops in the Los Angeles area and we're told -- not only have sales jumped -- but many of the customers specifically asked for "the stuff Miley was smoking." No ... mentioning Miley did not get them a discount.

While Miley's experimentation is generating curiosity in the hallucinogen -- one smoke shop employee tells us, "Salvia is one of those things that you only try once because it is so intense."

Another impact of the Miley video -- as we reported -- is renewed discussion about banning salvia in California. It is already illegal in 15 states.

1213_miley_cyrus_footer

Ewwww

Please, that girl is smoking WEED! Anyone who smokes weed would know that. I've seen people on salvia and they don't act anything like that. Her eyes are red, chinky, she can't stop laughing and the guy in the back has frosted flakes, could it be anymore obvious? lol

Aarin

Well since Lindsay is in recovery its nice to know we have a back up plan for our trash of the day.

memyself

Probably just some weed and the salvia is just a story. Either way, is anybody really surprised?

Kelly

You cannot blame Miley for this. I'm sorry, I just cannot stand how people cannot be their own person. They feel like they need to be influenced by a celeb when it comes to bad behavior. It still starts at home and if you were taught well and no well enough you would not be buying this crap. Many celebs did stupid stuff and continue to do stupid stuff, but their are still people who are not followers.

Celebs were never supposed to be role models. We made them that. If people taught others that they are just people it would be different. My daughter only knows what is on tv. She does not know about all of this crap and I don't teach her about it. She is 6. It has not done anything to her. Even if she heard it, she would not be reading this article with me. I think its all in how you raise your kids and you teach them well enough about what not to do. Its the foundation.

abba zabba

So now that Miley's legal tush,
She has to go and get her push,
Draggin on that sweet, sweet kush,
While listening to 90's-vintage Bush.

What_

Okay again I ask why in the hell is this news forreal! who didnt see this whole thing coming.. But really the girl is eighteen years old now I believe she pretty much legal except for the whole drinking and night club scene which I'm sure will be not to far behind. Another young celeb wild'en out is this really that shocking, wait til she or someone in her camp leaks a sex tape thennnnnnnn! ill be shocked, and the first in line to get a boot leg copy. Giggedy!

IWanaSmokeABongWithMiley

BAHAHAH most Miley fans are over 18 now coz they were young when she was doing the early seasons of hannah montana so stfu, she hardly even has any young fans anymore...
I doubt little tweens even know what that is anyway, and it's not like they can buy it themselves so get over it..

samantha

wow miley every time I'm surprised more seriously, what a disappointment for some people

samantha

samantha

kanyeisgay

Told ya it would skyrocket,Billy Ray bought his stock ahead of time.

sickofit

I have to wonder if Miley smoking it, has increased sales,or perhaps it might be all the gossip sites putting up a private video of her, taken by someone who is no longer her friend.

Peter Sc

My 14 year old daughter asked what kind of drugs this Salvia stuff is now where "Hannah Montana" is smoking it.

I said that it some American invention we don't here in Denmark because we are a democratic country and then I gave her a beer.

Karren

Just Wonderful!!! Another Lindsay Lohan "in training" (OR an Alexis Neirs!)! Alexis is sentenced to a one year in "residential rehab/treatment" sentence! Miley is so much like LiLo...even down to that "throaty-raspy voice"!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

she looks happy to me,maybe she is just finding herself