Miley Cyrus & Salvia

'I'll Have

What She's Having'

12/13/2010 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus is now the inadvertent celebrity endorser of salvia -- because ever since that video of her smoking a bong full of it came out ... we're told sales of the herbal drug are sky high.

Salvia Divinorum
According to people who deal, legally, in salvia divinorum ... sales have increased since Friday -- in some cases up to 3 times the usual tally.

TMZ spoke with several head shops in the Los Angeles area and we're told -- not only have sales jumped -- but many of the customers specifically asked for "the stuff Miley was smoking." No ... mentioning Miley did not get them a discount.

While Miley's experimentation is generating curiosity in the hallucinogen -- one smoke shop employee tells us, "Salvia is one of those things that you only try once because it is so intense."

Another impact of the Miley video -- as we reported -- is renewed discussion about banning salvia in California. It is already illegal in 15 states.

1213_miley_cyrus_footer

I'm A Lawyer

Monkey See Monkey Do. #SHEEPLE

higherground

She is on a spirally path to nowhere. Daddy better plan an intervention. I hate to see her choose this path. My daughter thought alot of her but not the kind of stuff I want my daughter to see or read about.

Rene

If you believe it was salvia you are dumb........

wow

Well I must be living in th dark ages because I've never heard of Salvia. Who Knew?

a persons

I feel horrible to think that our miley cyrus is these people who are driven by truth esque stuff I'm very disappointed she thought she might have been different but lasimosamente aver get carried away by the majority of stars that also have the problem that disappointment !!

brian karey

it was spartan daggenhurst, add him on facebook

Jim

what a waste of a hit... she didnt even hold it in for more then like 20 seconds. she wouldve been soo ****ed if she did haha

heather

My husbands 14 year old sister just told us that she is going to try salvia because miley did it, like are you serious, she needs to learn to use her power for good, I tried salvia and it was a waste of money for the trip and the amount of time of the trip, and I sure as hell wish she didnt have a 14 year old audience seeing her do this and wanting to do it as well..... like seriously miley, I know you are young and experimenting but you put yourself in a situation where millions of younger girls look at you for a role model and you seem to keep pointing them in the wrong direction.

emerald

You only try Salivia once because of it's intenseness, um, I hate to disillusion your sales patter but no it's not just a one off - know someone who's used it A LOT!!

Miley Cyrus shows kids how to do the stuff and even condones it's usage, it may not be illegal in LA YET but then Miley's the poster girl for the campaign to get it banned too it seems lol!!

Got to say this is one selfish, narcissistic child star I'd happily see fall off of the planet! Sick to death of her p.r "See, I'm bad, I want tattoo's, I want sex while under age, I like to dirty dance's for old men while wearing risque clothing and as you can see I know what a bong is but don't worry it's not illegal like weed - I might actually get in trouble!" lol!! What's perhaps worse is she became a star ONLY because of her kiddies Hannah Montana show, her fans who still watch this crap are kids who see her doing this and think it's o.k!! Yeah, role model NOT Miley, Congrats you made it!

While you go huh, I'll explain, d'you really think it was a pal that sold the video, or ssh now, d'you figure Miley did it herself for p.r lol!!! After all even bad p.r is good p.r for these celebs because it keeps their names out there lol, it also gave Miley's team the chance to get her more p.r by denying it was weed and ONLY Salivia lol!! They sure got a lot of mileage out of this story, the salivia dealers have never been so busy and that dear old Senator is going to push to have the stuff made illegal again, ALL from one Miley tape!!
Wow, don't you just love the way she keeps them all happy lol!!!

Mike

I did 15x than 20x. The last time i did it, it was 40x ( i dont know if you can still buy 40x ) NO THANKS! + pot is better :)

Bob

Dear Naive America:

She was smoking pot.

maryjane

that **** is not silvia...its just a grl that cnt handle her weed..they should have post it befor the elections maybe we could of legalized weed...its maryjane bitches..

MEghan

In that video Miley is NOT on Salvia... have you ever seen someone on Salvia? They are NOT conversational. In fact, they typically hit the ground... this is fairly accurate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVllL4tNZsI&has_verified=1 (or Youtube Driving on Salvia or Gardening on Salvia)

Nicole

somehow this doesn't surprise me

David

I have an idea. Our Governement has plenty of money and a money printing machine. Let's pass a multi billion dollar bill that hires tens of thousands of people to spy on everyone to make sure they don't smoke this stuff. If they see anyone laughing, they arrest them and do a drug test. If they show up positive, they lock them up and ask us to pay to support them for the rest of their lives. The tes of billions of dollars will keep us from being subjected to there laughter. If driving is an issue, then just make sure people only do the legal thing, drink and drive..... oh wait.....