Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens

They're Done!

12/13/2010 6:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens have called it quits ... TMZ has confirmed.

Zac Efron Vanessa Hudgens Break Up
The pair met on the set of "High School Musical" in 2005.  They've been together for more than 4 years.

Zac and Vanessa were in Hawaii acting lovey dovey as recently as two weeks ago (below).

See also

1213_zac_vanessa_footer
More Today in TMZ History

zzzz

another strategy to attract all the media!!!

ej

that's so sad... well that's life, relationships doesn't really last in hollywood...

sofronia

Zac and vanessa, I am feeling so bad about the news. Being an avid fan, it breaks my heart. I love you both.

sofronia

I felt so bad upon hearing of the news. Being an avid fan of them. I can,t imagine vanessas feeling specially it is her 22nd birthday and the holiday is comming. It's like Zac did on purpose to dump her to hurt her feelling.

cayenne

This is just one sad news. I love the relationship that they had. Their relationship has been great inspiration for young hollywood couple. Despite the fame and fortune they were able to last that long. I can't think of any hollywood couple now that can surpass the relationship they had.

Lauren Romero

OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!!! THEY WERE MY SUN. THEY WERE MY MOON, MY STAR, AND MY SKY!!!!!!!!!!! I WORSHIPED THIS COUPLE AND NOW THEY ARE NO LONGER TOGETHER!!!!!!! THEY WERE MY LIFE AND NOW I FEEL LIKE A PART OF ME HAS DIED BECAUSE OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!!!!! I HAVE GONE WITH THEM THROUGH THEIR WHOLE RELATIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A BOX FULL OF PICTURES OF THEM!!!! I HAVE WRITTEN STORIES ABOUT THEM AS A FANTASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THEY FREAKING BROKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER FOR ME!!!!!!!! WHO CARES ABOUT STARVING CHILDREN IN AFRICA OR WORLD PEACE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I WANT THEM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madi crawford

YAY ,im soo happy they broke up
so i can have zac (:

KAM

Thank God! I don't see her going too far.

Gabe

Vanessa's got Sucker Punch and Beastly going for her so she'll be fine. Zac is of course trying to prove he's leading man material. Are they really split up for real, and on the day before her birthday? Is it cynical for me to suspect that this is more of a career move than anything else? I have a feeling these two will still be booty-calling each other well into next year.

sPaNkDeNALgAs

ALL THIS MEANS IS THAT VANESSA FOUND A BIGGER PENIS

Vanessa's probably going to pull a "Xtina". She's probably dating someone who has something to do with that new movie "Sucker Punch".

Heard she had to do a lot of training with Navy SEALS & such

tarahzoe

what the ****.....is wrong with y'all.......i love zack and vanessa

copper80

Finally time for him to come out of the closet..he's been putting out gaydar for years..

JennySchecter

Zac who?

wanderer

Okay, this is a shame. Lovely couple sorry to see it end. But on the brightside, she has two solid movies coming out next year. Say what you will, I think she has done well and aligned herself with good projects with good directors..things that have reasonable shots at making bank. She needs to get out next year and promote and go balls to the wall. This is her shot and it comes once with or without Zac. He is talented and lauded in HW but his last film was Godawful...a real mess. Right now, he needs to take smaller parts in better movies i.e. work with good directors and better talent...not one single recognizable name in his next film except for Blythe Danner. It's also a Nicolas Sparks film. Sorry but I am getting a straight to DVD vibe. Meanwhile, Hudgens is filming an adventure flick with Michael Cain and The Rock. Which film do you think is going to bode better at the boxoffice?

Cat

I watch TMZ every night BUT I have missed the vast majority of of the show lately BECAUSE I am sick to bloody death of anything KARDASIAN (sp? who cares)and whenever they appear on screen ... I immediately turn it off! They are no-talent publicity/media hookers and I can not - will not watch their antics any longer!