Katherine Jackson -- Hangin' in Britney's Hood

12/16/2010 5:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ordinary people usually hit up a Motel 6 while their home is being renovated -- but Katherine Jackson is no ordinary person.

1216_KJ_HOUSE_LAUNCH_EX
Here's where Katherine will be living -- along with Michael Jackson's three kids -- for the next few months. It's a 12,670 square-foot mansion in Calabasas, CA -- just a block from Britney Spears!

Katherine is plunking down $26,000 a month -- the exact amount of her monthly allowance from the Michael Jackson estate -- while her Encino home is being extensively remodeled.

The 7 bedroom rental features a game room, movie theater, guest house, Jesus juice wine cellar, and much more.

UPDATE:  TMZ has learned, the MJ Estate is paying the $26 grand a month for the rental, in addition to all the other perks Katherine gets, including cooks, security, cars, taxes, house maintenance, vacations, house renovations, etc. etc. etc.

HumanNature

THE HATER THAT WROTE THIS CRAP MUST BE DRINKING "MAD DOG 20/20"!!!!

YOU MOST DEFINITELY WON'T GET A JOB WITH THE LA TIMES!!!!

Vana

I have no problem with this,. MJ's instructions were clear. Take care of my mother, she is taking care of my children. The woman is 80 years old. Let her live her last few years on earth in luxury and style that only her son could afford.

Kathy

This is all available, Thanks to Michael Jackson. No telling where his Mother would be right now if it hadn't been for Michael working his butt off for 45 years. He certainly provides for his family. "It's All For Love. L.O.V.E." I love you Michael "Joe" Jackson with all my heart and soul.

Wocka

What a waste of Michael's $.

lmt

Just when I thought it was maybe a little safe to read TMZ,
you go ahead and add a snarky comment to this article. And
the point is? What? To bring up dead old news that serves
no purpose other than to inflame and agitate? At who's
expense? Certainly not yours.

I don't want to read that nonsense any longer from any source.
From a just lost again reader, wake up, grow up and stop
writing like a 4th grader with a minimally developed brain.

Julie

I'm sorry...but please!! Why does she need all of that house. It is just ridiculous by my standards. Way to live off of your dead son Katherine. But whats so different...you did for years!

HumanNature

Posted at 6:42 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Julie

EVEN BY YOUR STANDARDS, YOU WOULD WANT TO LIVE IN A BEAUTIFUL HOME!!!

NOW, I HOPE THAT YOU WOULD WANT THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR MOTHER, CHILDREN AND YOURSELF!!!

MJ WAS/IS A "GOOD SON" THAT PROVIDED FOR HIS MOTHER AND CHILDREN!!!

MJ DID HAVE A WILL THAT LEFT HIS FORTUNE TO HIS MOTHER AND CHILDREN!!!

PEACE

TmZebrA

what a bunch of maroons who wrote this."normal" people cant afford a hotel 6 for as long as renovations could take so they generally stay in the house away from working areas or stay at family/friends houses.

nan

i agree paulette.
of course this is the way the estate gets jermaines wife or whatever to vacate the encino home
u cannot throw a woman and her children on the street but u can have everyone vacate to renovate.
this also is alot better then having tmz cover a moving truck pulling up and taking jermaine kids toys out of the house or whatever.this has nothing to do with katherine as far as i am concerned.its all manuvering by the estate..
and u r right about the jesus juice, i happen to love that phrase, its so mikey cute.
that was one of he hail mary misdemeanors the judge threw the prosecution at the last minute in an attempt to help them save face and that was also shot down by the jury..,,utter crap and total vindication...
this is the estate paying for everything , not k allowance.
have a good day all !!

mj is the sexiest man ever

i thought you were cool tmz
wtf is this?
i love you michael

Flower

Really, was that "Jesus Juice" comment necessary in this post?

DonnaLynn125

Awesome house! Good for Katherine and the kids! They deserve the best! Looks like a house Michael would like too! Miss him.

fordtocarr

For the life of me I can't see how this woman goes out and preaches the Bible and takes MJ's kids to the kingdom hall, and is the epitome of greed. She lives like she is a queen or she's the one famous and making the money. She should be teaching the children value of money as MJ is well known to have squanderd his wealth. But, it was HIS to do that. I just do NOT know why Katherine is being allowed to live so flamboyantly and not get disfellowshiped in her congregation. She brings tears to my eyes that she is such a hypocrite, what with the way she lives, and the promoting of Michael in her book and interviews and such. I think her living a quiet life as she did while Michael was here commanded much more respect for her than her extravagances she is living in now. I'd love for her to come knocking on my door with "the truth" because I'd have a lot of questions on some scriptures for her.

dd

@5 BEV.HILL is not Calabasas...Hope Katherine and the kids get a little rest there, make sure Alejandra doesn't camp out on the front lawn with her brood.

dd

@47 Liz First it's none of our biz how her and the kids live. Michael worked hard his whole life and I'm sure he didn't want his mom and kids to live in the projects...It's not u'r cash so it shouldn't bother u at all.