Playmate Suffering from Serious Staph Infection

12/16/2010 5:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former Playboy Playmate Donna D'Errico is in a bad spot right now -- hospitalized with a VERY serious staph infection ... TMZ has learned.

1215_donna_derrico_getty_EX
Sources close to D'Errico tell TMZ the former Baywatch star has been infected with MRSA -- methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus -- which is very difficult to treat because it's highly resistant to antibiotics.

We're told Donna contracted the MRSA from a relative who was hospitalized in ICU.

D'Errico posted a status update on her Facebook page, saying, "Prayer request - this time for me - a serious medical issue has arisen. Thank you for any and all prayers."

We're told Donna is expected to be hospitalized for at least a few more days.

GrapeKiller

@Joyce(19) - The LAST thing these people need are BS homeopathic cure-alls.

woo hoo

She did not wash her nasty grimy hands and the hospital is dirty because MRSA is easy to kill with proper cleaning, 10 minute dwell time on the surface of high touch areas in the room with a Quat Disinfectant does the trick.

stumpy

this helped shorten my mothers life
i hope she is careful and follows her doctors directions

lou

Good luck! That's a very nasty infection. Get well soon.

arielle

kyle some of these homeopathic things do work for some people or atleast gets rid of some of the symptoms.and washing hands does nothing.its very contagous and airborne you would need to not just wash hands. antibacterial soap and water dosnt kill this bacteria.In norway they have the lowest death rate or amount of cases from this.Thats because they dont just reccomend washing hands or trying 15 useless antibiotics.They isolate each patient who has this.mrsa is not easy to kill unless you have some super labratory grade germ killer that they dont sell at drugstores to the public.

kickaboo

aww, that's a horrible condition, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, bless her heart. My prayers go out to MRSA patients and the nurses that hospital upper staff do not bother to warn about suspected MRSA case till it they too have been exposed (there are special requirements with MRSA). Don't muck with young CNAs and young nurses, doctors and administrators. These caregivers who do the treatment and will gladly do it, just wanted to be warned up front..so they can practice what they were taught in nursing school...safety for all, especially the public.

emaN

Big deal, I had MRSA a couple of months ago. I was given Bactrim and was better in two weeks.

arielle

eman many people with mrsa dont respond to antibiotics.your lucky.I took bactrim close to a year ago and Im not better yet.

dd

It's not uncomfortable it is dangerous and quite capable of killing u.

Polly

@ #5 -- MRSA isn't contracted by sleeping around. Don't start myths like that, because someone might think they don't have it because they didn't have sex and not seek the treatment they need. MRSA can and does kill people, and it can happen pretty quickly if not taken seriously. It is very contagious, and even a normally healthy people can contract it.

Dobonacus

Spider Bite huh?

go home!

I find it amusing when celebrities or anyone who is going through a very "serious issue" whatever it may be, have the thought and time to post it on facebook or twitter....narcissism at its best.

Cathy

Why is she becoming a fame whore all of a sudden? 1st she's felt up at the airport because she's just that hot and now she's got a serious illness?? Please Donna........it's just a ploy to get yourself in the media because your ex, Nikki Sixx, is popular again. Get over it drama queen!!

Deanna

My mom just got out of the hospital after 3 1/2 weeks with MRSA. This stuff is nasty. She was finally able to come home but keeps having smaller flare ups that will plague her for life.
Good Luck with the recovery.

Tammy

I have had the MRSA since 2006. It has now became bloodbourne and I break out with terrible skin infections. Sometimes I have to stay away from my grandchildren because I am contagious. If I get upset it can trigger a breakout. I feel for Donna. This is a awful disease to have and sometimes it does not go away. To every one who has this your in my prayers.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments