Winona:

Mel ... Loathsome Homophobe, Anti-Semite

12/16/2010 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As if more proof were needed, Winona Ryder just revealed more evidence of Mel Gibson's bigotry.

1216_wynona_mel_BN_Getty_01

In an interview with GQ, Winona recalls, "I remember, like, fifteen years ago, I was at one of those big Hollywood parties. And he was really drunk.  I was with my friend, who's gay. He made a really horrible gay joke. And somehow it came up that I was Jewish. He said something about 'oven dodgers,' but I didn't get it. "

Ryder said at the time she had no clue what Mel was referring to, adding, "He's anti-Semitic and he's homophobic. No one believed me!"

Mel's rep had no comment.

Bob

Being prejudiced is only illegal if you act upon it. You can still say whatever you want, at least in the USA.

awards

WOW! Was she so upset she went on a shop lifting spree? She wants kids and hangs with guys who play for the other team? As she ages she becomes even nuttier and even less relevant!

Genna

CMTFU!!!!!
taking your meds and going home?

Posted at 9:13 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by TMZgossip

LOL! Just for you, TMZG. You can swear at and attack me if that is what you need to feel better about yourself; it means nothing. :-)

Emm

I sure hope her mental state has improved over the years away from the spot light. She is playing with fire and sure hope she can backup these accusations. Next, Okxs camp will be sending miss ryder a subpoena for a depo.

Miss ryder fails to realize that the media ain't like it used to be. She thinks because she made a movie, that shes back on top. Think again!!!

cat54

Well if she can't understand what he meant, how is it that she remembers what he said so vividly? She has/had her own set of problems and didn't she say he was really drunk? Was SHE?

gigi

Well, Mel is Catholic.

w

now a bunch of people from the party will report recalling they're wallets and fur coats went missing.

TMZgossip

I won't dignify this article with another post, and neither should anyone else!

Posted at 9:11 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Genna
...

and that lasted for how long?

--------------------------------------

By the way, Winona's father is an atheist and her mother is a Buddhist. Ryder does not practice any religion whatsoever. So much for her "honesty."

Posted at 9:16 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Genna
...

wow, couldn't even refrain for 5 minutes!!!!!

TMZgossip

Posted at 9:20 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Genna
...

and another

Winona must be your "impulse control" mentor

B.J.

he can say are be what ever he wants to be. This is a free country..

Jackie

Oh and a thief talks?...at least Mel has never stole. So what if you are a Jewish?

azlee

this story is everywhere today. shaking my head. what is she suppose to be proving?

I know the older people the age of my parents are totally against gay lifestyles. Not the people. They weren't brought up that way and if you lived in certain places it was so frowned on. Same with other races. It was the way things were back then. It was preached and yell that it was a sin of sins (didn't know God made one sin worse then the other)

Moving on todays world, you have people my age that have and are learning to not be so stuffy about things, but we have been taught different to, that it is a sin. We look the other way better.

Our kids will even be more open and ok with it as we are teaching our kids don't be so closed minded. No matter what your religious beliefs are we need to teach no hate.

In short I am saying Mel is a product of how he was raised and where he was raised. He admits to being an alcoholic, he has quit drinking which is a day to day fight for any alcoholic. She brings this up looking for favor.

Mel don't put her in any your movies :-).

azlee

gossip, are you picking on genna? tsk tsk.

Stacy

I wonder if someone paid her to lie.
I don't believe one word out of that thief's mouth !
This smear campaign against Mel Gibson is beyond irritating !!
I think we should boycott ALL MOVIES except Mel's. There are lots of good books, we don't need to go to movies.

CC

Homophobe is a word that the ***gots have made up to generate sypathy for themselves and explain away why a majority of the population thinks they're sick. If Mel doesn't like the homosexual lifestyle so what, he doesn't have to. Winona should be spelled Whine-ona.