Winona:

Mel ... Loathsome Homophobe, Anti-Semite

12/16/2010 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As if more proof were needed, Winona Ryder just revealed more evidence of Mel Gibson's bigotry.

1216_wynona_mel_BN_Getty_01

In an interview with GQ, Winona recalls, "I remember, like, fifteen years ago, I was at one of those big Hollywood parties. And he was really drunk.  I was with my friend, who's gay. He made a really horrible gay joke. And somehow it came up that I was Jewish. He said something about 'oven dodgers,' but I didn't get it. "

Ryder said at the time she had no clue what Mel was referring to, adding, "He's anti-Semitic and he's homophobic. No one believed me!"

Mel's rep had no comment.

Wiley

Where's the proof? This woman doesn't even know where she is half the time. This has-been is just jumping on the bandwagon now to get some free publicity and movie roles. I guess Mel is such an accomplished bigot that only jews ever hear his remarks.

ohreally

Oh how absurd. This is just a publicity stunt on her part, the greedy little shoplifter! Why should we trust HER??????
I guess the retaliation for the Passion of the Christ continues....

Cthrew

By the way, if Whine-ona had "no clue" what Mel was referring to with the expression "oven dodgers," why did she tell everyone he was anti-semitic? And why did no one believe her? Well, maybe because they'd never seen or experienced any evidence of this fact.

Or could there have been a more obscene hypocrisy going on here?: Could it be that Hollywood: constituted by predominantly Jewish media figures: publicists, lawyers, agents, producers, etc., all kept their mouths shut about Mel's alleged anti-semitism because they were profiting off him?

If the second case is true, then shame on Jewish Hollywood for not outing him sooner.

just saying

Genna
Really, there is something wrong with you. If you're not on meds, you should get on them stat!

And to the person who said Winona wasn't a practicing Jew - what the hell does that have to do with anything? That's probably why she didn't 'get it' when he made that anti-semitic remark - you make it sound like he's not an anti-semite....reality called, you missed roll call!

Megadeth

Amazing how she remembers 15 years ago, and yet doesn't remember that stealing was wrong, and she said Mel was drunk, apparently alcohol and real people are not a good mix for him, maybe Harvey and Richard Simmons should give Mel a hug when he's sober, he'd probably be all into it and stuff.

Maya

Get out! ROFLOL!!! Who the hell listens to Winona Ryder? Shoplifter, liar, and nut job.

Anything for publicity, eh Winona? The reason she took 4 years off is cause no one would hire her.

BlancheDevereaux

Was she wearing stolen clothes at this party?

Gia

this is NOT news!!! Give us an update on what the hell happened at the hearing yesterday!!!!!

Maya

By the way, Winona's father is an atheist and her mother is a Buddhist. Ryder does not practice any religion whatsoever. So much for her "honesty."

Posted at 9:16 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Genna

Lol! Good catch! Everyone knows she is just a nut job.

Squeaky Shoes

First off,

Winona, you lost your time in the spotlight when you got caught shoplifting.
And bitch please! we already know he acts like a complete azzhole when he's drunk... that, my dear felon, is not news
Don't project your problems on to someone else just because no one *wants* to point a camera in your face anymore. Get a job!

Tellthetruth59

Winona Ryder was stunned by the outcry over a 'gay' joke in new film The Dilemma, insisting she would not "be part" of a movie she thought was "offensive."

(She wouldn't be part of such a movie, but she has no problem stealing your stuff because there is nothing offensive about shoplifting.).

Officials at the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) organization demanded the axing of a scene from the upcoming movie after a preview clip showed Vince Vaughn's character tell a room of people, "Ladies and gentlemen, electric cars... are gay."

Ron Howard opted to keep the scene in the final cut of the film, and Ryder is glad the director refused to bow to the group's pressure as she can't understand the fuss surrounding the line.

(Um...why does she have a problem with Mel Gibson's gay joke, again?)

She tells Britain's Total Film magazine, "It's just crazy because I'm very sensitive to that issue and if I thought something was offensive I wouldn't want to be part of it.

(In case you missed it - gay jokes are not okay... sometimes. Stealing is always okay).

"Plus all my gay friends use that word all the time so [protesters will] have to go and give them a hard time too."

(Conclusion: Mel is not allowed to make gay jokes or references. Everyone else is. Winona is the final authority on what is acceptable.)

Michael

Here it comes, TMZ payback.

A has-been actress that's worked on what, 5 movies in the past 10 years? So she comments about Mel in GQ mercy interview.

The last time Winona was in a big time movie, Bill Clinton was running for President. I wouldn't take her comments these days, as anything more than a sober moment in between the haze.

This is a woman who shoplifted on Rodeo, on tape, and denies it to this day. She's almost as good a witness as a particular Russian whore, who currently earns more money per month than you are I ever dreamed of, and she hasn't worked a day in her life.

Pat

It sounds to me like Winona is trying to become relevant again. How better to do this than come up with these "claims"! Why didn't she say anything 15 years ago, or when Mel got his infamous DUI?
Also the biggest for me is how stupid is she for not understanding an alleged "Oven" joke? Like I said I'm not Jewish, but I and my whole family knows what this would imply .Now I'm sounding like an anti semite because I believe that Mel is now black balled in HollyWood. Look at that last Hangover movie how the cast vetted him off! I know there were also Gentiles in the cast, but you can't tell they weren't thinking in the back of their minds something like if I want to work again I better get on the right side of this! Well anyway I guess someone finally explained the joke to her fifteen years later! I bet she still doesn't get though, but she could tell from the person who explained it to her that she should be mad! Go back into obscurity!

mama9

Old news, TMZ. Didn't I tell you folks that Harvey was no friend of Mel's?

Posted at 9:02 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Cthrew

ya 15 years old.

So....what the hell is an oven dodger?? Nevermind, I'll google it.

Posted at 9:03 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by TMZ dont like me

*I think it refers to the jewish people that survived the halocaust

Genna - CMTFU,
*according to Urban Dictionary it stands for "crack me the F up" so I don't think it was an insult.

step on to step up, Mel can't be doing that bad if people still feel the need to attack him 15 years after the fact. She sounds like a school yard whiner. "See, see I told you but you wouldn't believe me. Whaaaa." Revive your career if thats what you want but be respectable and do it on your own, not on someone elses back.

Tellthetruth59

I just found these Winona jokes on the web:

Movies that Winona Ryder should star in:

"Girl, Arrested"

"Girl, Convicted"

"Girl, Incarcerated"

"Career, Interrupted"

"Winona Scissorhands"

"Saks, Lies and Videotape"

What is Winona's favorite football team? The Steelers.