Winona:

Mel ... Loathsome Homophobe, Anti-Semite

12/16/2010 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As if more proof were needed, Winona Ryder just revealed more evidence of Mel Gibson's bigotry.

1216_wynona_mel_BN_Getty_01

In an interview with GQ, Winona recalls, "I remember, like, fifteen years ago, I was at one of those big Hollywood parties. And he was really drunk.  I was with my friend, who's gay. He made a really horrible gay joke. And somehow it came up that I was Jewish. He said something about 'oven dodgers,' but I didn't get it. "

Ryder said at the time she had no clue what Mel was referring to, adding, "He's anti-Semitic and he's homophobic. No one believed me!"

Mel's rep had no comment.

TMZgossip

gossip, are you picking on genna? tsk tsk.

Posted at 9:27 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by azlee
...

moi?
It wasn't me that stated that I was leaving this article and so should everyone else

Tammy

By the way, Winona's father is an atheist and her mother is a Buddhist. Ryder does not practice any religion whatsoever. So much for her "honesty."

Posted at 9:16 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Genna

Lol! Good catch! Everyone knows she is just a nut job.

Posted at 9:36 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Maya

So, how the heck is she jewish?! Did she convert to make it in hollywood?

BlancheDevereaux

LOL @ Ttt59!!

Sonia

Tellthetruth59

I think Winona Horowitz Ryder is Dan Horowitz's long lost daughter. That would explain everything.

carol

Some freakin nerve she's got, calling anybody anything. She's a thief. I would rather have him believe whatever he believes, because he has that right, despite the fact his beliefs may not agree with mine than have her in my life. At least I can respect the fact other people's beliefs may differ from mine more than having someone who steals from others.

Maya

To azlee #29 Agree. TMZGossip is just jealous. Genna is a class act and funny as hell.

To TellTheTruth: #43 Great post. Can anyone say ‘hypocrite’?

To Tammy: #49 Lol! I think so.

Maya

Oh how absurd. This is just a publicity stunt on her part, the greedy little shoplifter! Why should we trust HER??????
I guess the retaliation for the Passion of the Christ continues....

Posted at 9:31 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by ohreally

Bingo!!!

lou

"While I can't stand Mel Gibson and he is obviously a homophobe, a racist, and anti-semetic, it's interesting that Winona Ryder, who was born Winona Horowitz, is crying about the anti-semitism. Clearly, she wasn't proudly waving her Jewish flag when she changed her last name to make money.

"Posted at 9:45 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Sonia"

Gee, Sonia, that was just soooo-ooooo relevant - NOT!

lou

Oven dodger?!? That's maybe the sickest thing Mel has said yet. So gross that it turned my stomach. OMG, this man NEVER should have made $$$ off of people, he is vile and creepy. Hope he never makes another cent off of Hollywood. Practice some LOVE Mel, not all of that vile hate.

sistaelle

Was the party at Sax?
How many layers was mz clepto-interrupted wearing?

Michael

Winona has spent a majority of the last 15 years, in the exact same condition she claims Mel was in at some party 15 years ago. Great reference... loll

I'm happy that she cleaned up long enough to do the GQ article, by this time next month she won't even remember she did it.

Winona's 15 minutes of fame were over the day she shoplifted on Rodeo, on tape, and denied it. She still denies it, on good days when she can even think that far back.

TXluvsMJ2

The last time Winona was in a big time movie, Bill Clinton was running for President.

Actually, she was in the movie Star Trek (2008-09?), albeit a small part.

For someone who's just hitting 40, Winona looks rough. I wonder if she's been drinking too much?

Cthrew

Ask Gwyneth Paltrow, a Jew herself, what she now think of her former friend, Winona--and how trustworthy pill-popping Winona really is.

Kelly

This is just amazing to me. Here you have someone coming forward who has first-hand information about Mel's anti-semetic, homophobic ranting, and STILL you all defend this idiot? He is a filthy-mouthed drunk, who cheated on his wife of 30 years, got another woman pregnant, and quite possibly is a woman-beater. How you can still defend him is beyond me. Oh, he "made mistakes". Lets all rally around the drunk-driving, cheating bast@rd who also makes racist and sexist remarks in foul, class-less language. Are you all the same people who haven't forgiven Brad Pitt for cheating on Jen Aniston? Hypocrites much?