Winona:

Mel ... Loathsome Homophobe, Anti-Semite

12/16/2010 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As if more proof were needed, Winona Ryder just revealed more evidence of Mel Gibson's bigotry.

1216_wynona_mel_BN_Getty_01

In an interview with GQ, Winona recalls, "I remember, like, fifteen years ago, I was at one of those big Hollywood parties. And he was really drunk.  I was with my friend, who's gay. He made a really horrible gay joke. And somehow it came up that I was Jewish. He said something about 'oven dodgers,' but I didn't get it. "

Ryder said at the time she had no clue what Mel was referring to, adding, "He's anti-Semitic and he's homophobic. No one believed me!"

Mel's rep had no comment.

mama9

ok is it just me or does she look like she is about to give a blooooooowwww job. pucker up or shut her up

Missy

Winona Ryder = Shoplifter!

Pat

It seems like all of the Jewish actors change their names!

Pat

#2 How can you say pro Mel they never miss an opportunity to smear him! Remember Harvey's a tard pops I mean layer so he's trying to look fair and impartial!

JayVegas

Who the hell is Winona Ryder?

hihat

"Oven dodger"? That's appalling, even for Mel Gibson. Perhaps it's time he visited the inside of a hot oven -- and stayed there until he was done to a turn!

Tellthetruth59

This is just amazing to me. Here you have someone coming forward who has first-hand information about Mel's anti-semetic, homophobic ranting, and STILL you all defend this idiot? He is a filthy-mouthed drunk, who cheated on his wife of 30 years, got another woman pregnant, and quite possibly is a woman-beater. How you can still defend him is beyond me. Oh, he "made mistakes". Lets all rally around the drunk-driving, cheating bast@rd who also makes racist and sexist remarks in foul, class-less language. Are you all the same people who haven't forgiven Brad Pitt for cheating on Jen Aniston? Hypocrites much?

Posted at 9:53 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Kelly
----------------

If by "first-hand" you mean the word of a drug addled shoplifter then duh! Let's take her word for it. Lock the guy up and throw away the key cuz Winona said so. Oh wait... Mel didn't break the law and Winona did... whoops.

I didn't have to forgive Brad. He didn't cheat on me. I can't speak for the others.

Pat

#55 Good point wasn't it after that movie that Mel had to strike out on his own? Hmmm..I wonder why he couldn't get any help making his films?

Tim

Why is anyone interviewing her? Is that all she has to talk about; career must be in the dumps. I heard she stole the toilet paper and the scented candles from the ladies room.

Who'sThat

this coming from a thief and a liar...

used to love Ryder but with this revelation of something that may or may not be true of something that happened 15 years ago...i no longer support her career!

this is nothing but to continue to smear Mel's good name! and Ryder has no business injecting herself in this debacle and continue to kick a man who has been down for a while!

shame on Ryder!

divine

Yes, this coming from a clepto...

you are loser.

CN

You people amaze me. Winona Ryder, a highly underrated actress, made some mistakes YEARS ago regarding shoplifting. Who knows why? Must have been something bad going on in her life. Now everybody's default reaction is to call her a thief YEARS after the fact. Did you never make a mistake/error in judgment that you regret? Do you wish you could un-do some of the stupid actions of your youth? Mel IS a homophobe and Jew hater - and lets everyone knows. What a sad man, with a sad, sad life. For those who say she's just speaking now to ramp up her sagging career, she was doing an interview with GQ. She's not supposed to talk?
And for the person who doesn't have a clue about history, "oven dodger" was Mel's sweet way of saying she, being Jewish, should have died in the concentration camp ovens during WWII. When she wasn't even born yet. Stupid, insensitive, brutal, and SAD. WR may have/had her problems, but Mel Gibson is revolting.

Maya

It seems like all of the Jewish actors change their names!
Posted at 9:54 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by Pat

Just because her last name is Horowitz does not make her Jewish. Her grandparents were Jewish. Her parents are not practicing Jewish at all. Ryder calls herself Jewish. Ryder's father was a close friend of Timothy Leary.

Bubbles The Chimp

Racist Mel deserves all of the hate he gets. Now if he would only get drunk and blow his brains out with his self-pity, that would be the best Christmas gift for the world.

Michael

The last time Winona was in a big time movie, Bill Clinton was running for President.

Actually, she was in the movie Star Trek (2008-09?), albeit a small part.

For someone who's just hitting 40, Winona looks rough. I wonder if she's been drinking too much?

Posted at 9:50 AM on Dec 16, 2010 by TXluvsMJ2

You're absolutely right, a 3 minute role after somebody else backed out first. I'm guessing she isn't getting any back-end off of the grosses for her work on that picture.

Wondering if Winona's been drinking is like asking if water is wet. She actually looks pretty good considering, try having a five minute conversation with her, out and about in town.