Zooey Deschanel

Sues Shoemaker

for $2 Mil

12/17/2010 9:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Zooey Deschanel is suing popular shoemaker Steve Madden for a whopping $2,000,000 -- claiming the company stiffed her completely over an endorsement deal she made with them in August 2010.

1217_zooey_deschanel_GETTY_EX
According to a lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court, Deschanel and SM made the $2 million deal ... but Madden came back to Deschanel saying they couldn't get retailers to back the deal, so they re-negotiated for $1.5 mil.

Zooey says she held up her end of the deal -- including turning down other deals -- but Madden never forked over the $1.5 mil.  Deschanel also claims SM promised her a percentage of the profits as well -- if sales reached a certain level.

Calls to Steve Madden were not returned

James

Career in the toilet, file a lawsuit, it is the Hollywood way of life, just ask Lindsay Lohan.

James R. - Los Angeles

I'm suing 'zooey' for 5 million for her bad acting.

And another 1 million for the name 'zooey'.

....

way cuter than katy perry

Brad

Who the hell is she? No one has ever heard of her.

cleoid

you guys should check out the Hey Zooey Deschanel Show on YouTube... then you'll know who she is.

Wiley

You probably don't know of her because she's talented, not mentally ill or addicted, and doesn't do nudity.

My favorites are Almost Famous, Elf, The New Guy, Hitchhiker's Guide, and Yes Man.

Long list on IMDB.

SeizeTheNight

I loved her in 500 Days of Summer.

Criss

I've liked her since she was in Almost Famous, like her band (She And Him), and love her sister as well.

RyanF96

Um? Is that even her in the pic? It barely looks like her.

Jake's Mom

I have no idea who she is and why she would get that kind of deal to begin with.

Although, I have to admit, I wouldn't be able to pick out a Steve Madden anything so I guess the whole article just proves to me I'm no longer hip and into what's happenin'. I'm okay with that, really.

Craig

Steve Madden shoes are AWFUL. I used to work for a major retailer and all the shoes sales people warned not to buy them because they fall apart. I believe her. Hope she gets what she's due. Be careful who you endorse and do your research is definitely the lesson to be learned here.

luanapvgt

In a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, the "500 Days of Summer" star claims her CAA agent Christian Carino negotiated an oral $2 million deal with Madden for the company to use the actress's name and likeness in connection with shoes and accessories.

MyNotSoHumbleOpnion

Um, she's the new Rimmel spokesperson (took Kate's place)...
She played opposite Jim Carrey in "Yes Men," and is half of the band, "She & Him" (and has the best voice ever, speaking or singing...) Not a "nobody", you (A) holes-in-the-wall!

mick

How do you NOT know who Zooey Deschanel is? What rock do you live under? Just because she's not in your beloved tabloids? Clearly she's not newsworthy, then. Let's ignore the fact that she was the lead actress in a movie nominated for the Golden Globe for best picture just last year.

And another thing. Just because you haven't heard of someone and don't care to read a particular story doesn't mean that it shouldn't be printed/posted. They cater to a lot of people. They don't do it all just for you.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

this is a nobody and she will get nothing....never heard of her so the name has no star value,,,she cant act and can not sing..wont get naked so she has 0 drawing power

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments