Ne-Yo:

MJ Album a Travesty

12/20/2010 11:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ne-Yo is staging a one-man boycott of the new Michael Jackson album -- telling us he doesn't want to listen to it because he doesn't think MJ would have EVER wanted it to be released.
122010_nee_yo_v2_still

The singer/songwriter/producer was in NY this weekend -- where he explained MJ was such a perfectionist, "If Michael was still alive ... I don't think the album would be out yet."

He added, "I'm gonna stick to my old Mike."

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

Dose Of Reality

If your precious King Michael really loved you, loved the children, blah blah...

- He wouldn't have had his body butchered. Look at any picture after 1990 and disagree. He turned himself into Frankenstein's Monster with plastic surgery obsession. That face wasn't the result of vitiligo or burns on his scalp.
- He wouldn't have lived the life of a pedophile. He would have had normal adult relationships whether homo or hetero.
- He wouldn't have abused drugs since 1985. He would have had his treatment for his scalp and moved on. Perhaps he should have tried yoga, meditation and physical exercise for his issues.
- He would have performed more and released more music giving more to his fans. Other stars do. Considering the length of his popularity his music catalog and number of live performances is small. See: Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Les Paul etc. Before you blame the record companies, others have overcome those hurtles. See: Prince, Neil Young on and on. He signed the deals.

If you loved him so much, he cheated you.

Dose Of Reality

MJ was a good dancer? Maybe in the 80's. From the 90's on he was a parody of himself. Wearing pseudo military outfits, grabbing his crotch every two seconds, slapping himself and his spastic karate routine, it was laughable and kind of sad.

mymjj5

-#203: Hey Mymjj5! I know I'm a bit behind schedule, but I just saw your post and wanted to say that while I agree that Michael has a strong Black fanbase in the US, he also has the strongest Caucasian fan base for a Black artist, here....
_____________________________________________________________
Hi Cherwood

I agree $100%. you must have missed one of my posts on another board. I stated that "We" can take MJ platinum or double platinum but when his CD goes diamond status in sales 10 million plus its because the mainstream has come through in the USA. Standards are different for other parts of the world.
Normally for black artists the song hits RB radio then pop and of course the video on MTV and that's when the sales skyrocket. Yet for Invincilbe the sales were only double or triple platinum in the USA. NO MTV assistance or pop radio. Just us with Butterfy and MJ promoting the CD personally.

BTw: I know other cultures listen to RB radio. Don't want someone to misinterpret my post.

mymjj5

As you will never believe he wasn't I believe he was a pedophile. I also believe he was a drug addict that died because of it, even if it wasn't done with his own hands. He had the world at his feet and threw it all away. He loved his fans, loved his kids, and threw it all away. He lived a dream but made it a nightmare.
Posted at 11:39 PM on Dec 30, 2010 by BnB
_____________________________________________________________
@BnB (or Scott)
Michael Jackson gave to the world. Even in death his estate is still providing for the needy via 39 charities. His scholarship fund is providing educational assistance for 39 colleges. His fan base will never ever give up on him no matter what.
May you always be happy and take comfort in your belief about MJ being a pedophile….eeww?
I know I find nothing be complete adulation and joy in my belief about the one and only Mr. Michael Jackson. My hero who was found innocent of all CHARGES!!!!YAY!!! YIPPY!!LOL!

mymjj5

True, I would never think of MJ as "street", I was having fun at your expense with the gaping thing.
_______________________________________________________________
ROTFL: I stand on my original opinion.....YOU ARE NOT A BRUTHAH!!

mymjj5

Posted at 10:08 AM on Dec 31, 2010 by BnB
________________________________________________________________
@ Bnb
For over four decades, Michael Jackson has been entertaining the world. From his many #1 smash hits to his incredible short films that dominated MTV, Michael is one of the greatest performers of our lifetime. But to truly experience the creativity and genius of Michael Jackson, you must experience him live. Here is your chance!
Michael's "Dangerous Tour" was the biggest tour any performer had done in history, breaking his own record from the preceding "Bad Tour." The incredible staging took nearly three days to set up, and 20 trucks of equipment were shipped between countries on cargo planes, making headlines everywhere it went. The "Dangerous Tour" included 69 concerts reaching over 3.5 million fans.
This concert, Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour, aired on HBO in 1992. The special received the highest TV ratings in the history of HBO and Michael was honored with the Cable Ace Award. The Bucharest Concert was performed on October 1st, 1992, and was broadcast live on radio and shown on TV in over 60 countries around the world.

liner notes: Michael Jackson: Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour

mymjj5

Hey mymjj5, it's been a while since i've been on post...nice to see you are standing up to those who are bad mouthing our Michael. I know all about the Sony thing but, sorry I just had to get the album.
_____________________________________________________________
Hi allforlove,
Yes, I'm here for the duration. At least until after a verdict is reached. I will fight for MJ's memory....ALWAYS!!! Once the verdict is handed down, I know TMZ and the haters will be glad to know my butt will sign off forever and never return to this site again.

mymjj5

Riley was "THE MAN" after Michael coached him to make the MASTERPIECE that is DANGEROUS. And yes, I KNOW Riley had worked successfully with many others, but Michael took him to places in music he never even DREAMED of........
______________________________________________________________
Hi Cherwood

I hear yah.....however, I think Riley's influence was more evident on Michael. MJ hired Teddy because MJ knew music was changing and teddy with his group "Guy" .....well I know you know about "Teddy's Jam" and "I Like"!!!!!
"Grove Me"...bay-bee..toooonnyght....bay-beh, bey-beh plleeeaaaaazzzzz, yeeeeeuahhh!!!.
Anyway, Gurl!!! IMO New Jack Swing was teddy's brain child and MJ capitalized on it big time. of course we all know the genre would be later called hip hop!! or vice versa....

btw: i could be wrong: but wasn't teddy a member of Blackstreet a group under the old MJJ label???? or was it Brownstone???? so long ago!!!!!telling my age again...LOL

stephanie

um...well any michael jackson fan would have supportted him. so all mj fans either got the album or at least heard in once.

marcia

Posted at 3:07 PM on Dec 31, 2010 by mymjj5
_______________________________________________________________

Yes Teddy was a member of Blackstreet. I remember when they did a remix with Janet of her hit I Get So Lonely ( I loved that song). They were on Interscope record label. I believe Brownstone was the first girl group signed to MJ's label. I loved their song If You Love Me.

Dose Of Reality

I'll agree that MJ was both "Bad" and "Dangerous" on at least two tours.

Your rightmymjj5, I'm "NOT A BRUTHAH!!" I'm a black man with a mind of my own, not a stereotype.

To all those poor fools crying for justice it came on 6/25/2009.

mymjj5

To all those poor fools crying for justice it came on 6/25/2009.
Posted at 5:29 PM on Jan 1, 2011 by BnB
________________________________________________________________
@Bnb
You are a clone of a wanna be black man. You don't have to be a sterotype. neither am I but I speak some of the language of the street while I'm not street at all. I don't care what you say, even a stereotype or non stereotype black man would not utilize an "urban dictionary" especially when he knows that's he's online talking to a black woman.......then considers it as having fun. LOL!!! You're not a bruthah.....you're a riot a regular freakin RIOT!!!!! ROTFL!!

mymjj5

@Bnb
@ Bnb
You are a clone of a wanna be black man. You don't have to be a sterotype. neither am I but I speak some of the language of the street while I'm not street at all. I don't care what you say, even a stereotypical or non stereotypical black man would not utilize an "urban dictionary" especially when he knows that's he's online talking to a black woman.......then considers it as having fun. LOL!!! You're not a bruthah.....you're a riot a regular freakin RIOT!!!!! ROTFL!!

Dose Of Reality

(clipped from another topic in case the little brain mymjj5, her reading skills are limited so I figured I'd have to put it here too)

Remember, this all came about because someone said MJ had "agape love". That made me laugh because of MJ's sexual history and the definition of "gape" or "gaping". I put in a comment about "urban dictionary" as in urbandictionary.com so people could get the definition. It's not the "Homeboy Handbook" as you may have thought, it's more of the place that you direct someone to when the want to know what a "blumpkin" or a "dirty Sanchez" is. At that point you took the term "urban" and somehow twisted it into me calling MJ "street" which would be laughable. As a matter of fact, one of the best laughs I ever had was hearing MJ's little girl voice saying "You ain't bad, you ain't nuthin'", hilarious.

I'm done with you.

Posted at 1:20 PM on Jan 4, 2011 by BnB

Dose Of Reality

typo

(clipped from another topic for little brain mymjj5, her reading skills are limited so I figured I'd have to put it here too)

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21