Ne-Yo:

MJ Album a Travesty

12/20/2010 11:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ne-Yo is staging a one-man boycott of the new Michael Jackson album -- telling us he doesn't want to listen to it because he doesn't think MJ would have EVER wanted it to be released.
122010_nee_yo_v2_still

The singer/songwriter/producer was in NY this weekend -- where he explained MJ was such a perfectionist, "If Michael was still alive ... I don't think the album would be out yet."

He added, "I'm gonna stick to my old Mike."

Truth

NE-YO SHUD LOOK AT HIS OWN FLOPPED SALES INSTEAD OF DISSING ADVICE TO OTHERS (WHO ARE 100X MORE SUCCESSFUL IN DEATH THAN HE IS IN LIFE). TRUTH...

themaestrosgirl

I agree, "Old Michael" will always be the best. But sadly, we'll never have that again. This album is more an interpretation of Michael through others' eyes (IMHO), and I think you can clearly tell where Michael was (or wasn't) involved. Maybe it's just me, but I miss the elegance and sparkle (if that's the right word) and sheer thrill of 100% MJ music and this album does fall rather flat in that regard...But I bought the album, have listened to it nonstop (or close to) and don't regret my purchase, if only for the song Much Too Soon, and Best of Joy.

moni

When I heard there’d be a posthumous Michael-Jackson-album I was admittedly upset. I decided to cover my ears, NOT listen to it, to dislike every snippet of sound which – unwantedly – would get me and to be heroically abstinent concerning “Michael”.

Of course I bought it in the end.

And I liked it. Each single song.

Meanwhile I even LOVE it. And think that Michael should have found the courage and the self-confidence to release these songs when he was alive. It’s a wonderful album, and he had deserved to enjoy this success.

shadowmia

I think that what Ne-Yo says is wrong -- also that he should quit trying to get publicity with.

Siggisis

Finally! A black performaer that doesn't swing from the MJ *******!

MJ had talent, but not everything he did was magical. I have no idea who this Ne-Yo guy is, but my opinion of him just went up.

Posted at 7:45 AM on Dec 20, 2010 by iamsuperdan

Well no, of course not. That is the case for ALL artists. Loads and loads of experiments, sketches etc. Don´t think that artists just DO what they do - there is a lot of hard work behind what is finally released to the public. Naturally that goes for Michael Jackson too.

I think Ne-Yo might be right. I am not sure Michael would have wanted "Michael" out there. Not at all.

themaestrosgirl

@38 I was a little afraid of how it would sound, but also wanting to support Michael and his estate...So when I bought the album, after everything I'd read, I was a little worried. What a pleasant surprise. You are so right, it's a wonderful album, and the best part, the songs never grow old!!! I think Michael had a lot of challenges to overcome in his later years (we'll never know but I think he suffered a lot) and just didn't get around to releasing these songs. Who knows, with everything that was happening, maybe he forgot he had them...
I hope this album is a huge success.

mj fan forever

I DID BUY THE ALBUM AND IT'S BRILLIANT JUST BECAUSE IS MICHAEL JACKSON'S VOICE!!!! AND NE-YO, YOU ARE A TRAVESTY, YOU AND ALL THOSE WHICH WITH THE EXCUSE TO LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON, TRY IN REALITY TO DAMAGE HIS LEGACY!!!!! SO, SHUT UP IDIOT!!!!

ohreally

when did he say it was a travesty

lmao tmz buggin lmao

dd

SHUT UP! U don't know what Michael would have wanted.

Chic

Gospel Music Channel Michael is in the stores get it today.
I received Michael 12-10-10 and it is wonderful. Best Of Joy
is my favorite song, I love it.

billyjean

the only one that should have an opinion about MJ album is Katherine and people in his estate. And as long as they're not complaining then it is fine. The others can go on by their business

Michelle

Why can't we just enjoy the music MJ has released, when he was alive?

Let him rest in peace and let us remember what he was. I don't need to listen to something a greedy man has released on the behalf on MJ. A true fan would know that he was a perfectionist as Ne-Yo says, and that is why MJ didn't released all his stored songs - so don't touch them. A true fan would have enough in his previous released songs and wouldn't want anything more. All who do that are as greedy as them who have released the new album "Michael". I have no intention of buying that album, I will instead honour the Michael Jackson that were, and love him for always.

I'm a Danish student, so I apologize in advance for my bad English.

Dose Of Reality

I agree with billy, comments 5 & 6.

Michael Jackson touched so many..

Marie

If Michael Jackson did not want his old songs to be released for commercial use after his death he would have writen in his will that no one should touch and publish those songs.Ne-yo is mad because Sony rejected all the songs he wrote for MJ.On the other hand Will.i.am. is mad because Sony released MJ's new cd the same week the new Black eyed peas cd is out.'Michael' is an excellent cd and I love most of the songs on it.

MJF

If the Cd helps Michael with his debts OBVIUSLY I´ll buy it..... I LOVE YOU MJ ..... And I know that you are very ALIVE ;)