Christy Martin -- Mum On Alleged Lesbian Affair

12/22/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Christy Martin will hold a news conference with Gloria Allred Wednesday after attending a bond hearing for the husband accused of trying to kill her ... but she won't utter a peep about reports that she was leaving him for a woman.

Christy Martin Lesbian
The Women's Boxing champ has hired Allred, although Gloria is keeping the nature of her representation a secret.

James Martin is charged with attempted murder and aggravated battery.

We'll livestream the news conference after the 10:30 AM PT court hearing.

0929_gloria_allred_greatest_hits_footer

Kelly

This chic was an awesome boxer back in the 1990's.
I'm glad she's okay.
That was before boxing became like wrestling and all the judges were paid off.

Man, I miss the days of a real boxing match. Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Mosely, SugarRay, De La Hoya....

Phreaky

Her credibility just went way downhill hiring Gloria. The only people that hire her are absolute fame wh*res. What kind of attorney holds news conferences for all their cases? She is a laughing stock in the community. 90% of the time someone hires Gloria, you can bet the person that hired her was sleeping around, and has now come to Gloria trying to smear the other person by making it about a cause. I'm sure this conference will be something to announce the shooting was a "hate" crime against homosexuals and the only remedy for it is MONEY MONEY MONEY!

Phreaky

Also, because of this: "Gloria is making it clear ... Neither she nor Christy will comment on reports that Christy was in a lesbian relationship and planned to leave her husband for a woman." I hope the reporters shout nothing but this question over and over. What better way to confirm something by refusing to answer the question, and making it known a day ahead of time that that question is off limits.
Gloria is so ridiculous.

JLS

There is more to this woman than meets the eye. While I am sorry he stabbed her, I have a very strong suspicion she is a real bad ass.

Why Gloria would rep her and for what cause of action is a mystery to me. I guess we will see...

Kelly

All true statements. Anytime I see Gloria Allred repping somebody I automatically sort of discredit the validity of the case.
I know they say she's a great lawyer, but I so agree with post 2 by Disturbed...What kind of lawyer has a press conference with every client?! If the case truly had merit why would you feel the need to publicize it in such a way!

I did love Harvey's Halloween costume though :)

Mike

You and whore Allred keep mum about it and you know why????
Cause its true idiots!!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

this is all michael jacksons fault

Quinn

I want to invite Gloria Allred over for Christmas Dinner. If I had some legal issues, I'd hire her but luckily right now I don't (knock on wood) so she's going to have to settle for Christmas Dinner. Or maybe Christmas Eve ... does she eat shellfish?

Rocky

Who the heck would watch that news conference? Who cares? Gloria and Martin are hooking up - that's better news?

James

Show me a female athlete who claims to be straight, and I'll show you a liar.

Jeff Becker

What? You mean this man-women is a carpet muncher? Shocking! If she-he hired Gloria Allred she is either guilty or a gold digging man hater. I wonder how she will pay Gloria, maybe she can service her.

BlancheDevereaux

she hired horia allred. enough said.

Anonymous

all shady people go to Gloria Allred

M gamble

Did anybody read what her husband did to her???? He stabbed her multiple times!! Maybe thats why she hired a hard a$$ for a lawyer to divorce him and KEEP all her money?? think about it.

wrangler003

Gloria would represent a turd if she could get her name mentioned in the press. She is no better than the criminal's she defends.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments