TRON Guy's Costume -- Banned from Movie Theater

12/22/2010 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MILLIONS have viewed his YouTube videos -- but a movie theater in Minnesota doesn't care ... because we're told they won't let TRON Guy see the new remake in the costume that made him an Internet legend.

Tron Guy Costume

Jay Maynard -- who's been doing the Tron Guy thing since '04 -- tells TMZ, he gave his local movie theater a heads-up that he planned to see the new "Tron" flick in his famous costume ... but for some reason, they "adamantly" insisted he wouldn't be admitted if he suited up.

We don't know why management refused -- the suit OBVIOUSLY belongs in a museum -- but Maynard believes it's because his masterpiece is "too distracting."

Sidenote -- has anyone seen his stapler?

Britt

Can anyone say Moose Knuckles?

HMD

@#13... It's called a camel tail.. you know... ball, dic, ball....

Awilda

I don't know what the deal is, but, this dude is rocking some serious camel toe and he is not even a girl!!!!! Snap!!!!!!

TheFedupCitizen

Wow you could tell he's Jewish. I don't think I would want him around children at the movies either, exposing his manel toe.

Ms_Tell

He hid a camel in that suit, cause I see it's toe!

ThinkingWoman

Dude needs a dance belt ... STAT.

ThinkingWoman

That outfit sooo reminds me of Prince of Space.

KellyBunny

In all honesty, outside of the fact that you can totally see his bird's nest, I would think wearing LIGHTS inside a dark movie theater would be an issue and would interrupt other people's viewing of the movie.

Chun LI

#13 I was thinking the same thing LOL

NickSunset

Is he trying to attract kids with that suit. Freaking Child Molester.

Fan

My favorite aside on this whole story...

The era of big ego diva stars is coming to an end. This "everyman Tron guy" is a great example. He easily gets more attention on youtube than Angelina Jolie.

This seems to be a generational shift. Today's big stars have shorter half lives than in eras gone by. Whereas old time stars had a career for a lifetime, most of today's stars end up being a flash in the pan.

This indicates the Gen-Y refusal to worship these big ego false gods. Good riddance, I say.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

where can I get one of those outfits??

Lifes to short

It looks like I guy just trying to have some fun. Granted a cup would be useful in his southern half, there a lot worst things this guy could be doing. I think if he turned off his lights during the movie they should let him in. How is this any different from people dressing up like harry potter, twilight series, or even start wars. Go for it Mr. Tron!!

Lifes to short

I will take a guy with some imagination, then some has been drugged out has been actress who complains about how are her/his life is any day. Try a day a day in the life of most of our shoes any day. You would not last 2 minutes

Michael H.

Yuck, the moose knuckle is entirely inappropriate.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments