Lindsay's Alleged Victim Will Refuse to Cooperate

12/24/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The ex-Betty Ford staffer who claims Lindsay Lohan assaulted her earlier this month will not only drop her criminal complaint, she'll refuse to cooperate with authorities  ... TMZ has learned.

1223_lindsay_holland_tmz_ex_2

Dawn Holland, who told TMZ earlier this week how Lindsay ripped a phone from her hand causing a severe sprain, now says Lindsay should not be prosecuted.

Holland's lawyer, Keith Davidson, tells TMZ, "Dawn will not continue to press charges against Lindsay, nor will she be assisting any further in the investigation or prosecution."

And this is interesting ... we asked Davidson how his client would respond if she's subpoenaed, and he said, "She won't."

Davidson says Holland and Lindsay share a common bond -- they're both recovering addicts, Holland does not want "in any way shape or form to do anything that would violate Lindsay's probation or cause an arrest."

Davidson says, "A crime has quite simply not been committed by Ms. Lohan."

Shread

Pay day for sure. The Lohans OWN the Judicial System and all Lawmakers. They are Untouchable so why keep wasting taxpayers $'s for trials when they ALWAYS walk.

wow

Hmmmm.....Can we say PAY OFF!!

Grandma Cracker

56@themare
#41 grandma cracker

If I think I'm wrong, I'll apologize. It's the right thing to do

You are correct, it is the right thing to do if you are wrong, but my opinion is that you were not wrong. These posts are not fact, only opinions. It is my opinion that she is in relapse or well on her way to relapse. Sober people do not break into their sober living facilities. Sobriety is so much more than not drinking or using, it is a new way of life. I often post negative thoughts about Lindsay because I call it as I see it. I do not hate this girl. I am not jealous of this girl. I see a very lost soul and it is my opinion that she is in real trouble. She is not a casual user and she will die if she does not stop. I am on the other side of where she is now, so it is easy to recognize. I think those of us who struggle the most to get sober, perhaps fail the most to get sober....when we do get it....we REALLY get it. If Lindsay gets straight she will be an amazing person. Too bad people only support her by covering and enabling her, rather than supporting her sobriety and making her accountable for her actions.

angles

NOW SHE KNOWS THAT SHE IS WRONG LINDSAY HAD WHITNESSES AND SHE WOULD LOOSE OUT BIG TIME THE LIAR NOW LETS HOPE LINDSAY IS IN THE CLEAR WITH THE JUDGE I BELIEVE SHE IS TRYING TO COPE WITH HER ADDICTIONS THE BEST SHE CAN AND SHE WILL BE A BIG STAR ONCE AGAIN GIVEN THE CHANCE ALL THE BEST TO YOU LINDSAY

weed

what more could the staffer say that isn't in the police report ?

why is TMZ full of dumb trolls ?

DeeDee Russel

Lindsay the orange fire pants always blames the black person She gets arrested and the black man did it. She gets caught with her orange face and now the black woman bullied her becuz she used to be a lesbian. Lindsay needs rehab for racism.

weed

not only that but LL said this staffer had been out to get her.

weed

people who become dependent on prescription meds then become addicts who just followed doctors orders and were compliant with the instructions don't belong in 12 step programs but we don't have clinics for them so they have to go to these places where they are constantly told they are a addict and not a good person...it's BS.

I still don't know what drugs LL is trying to detox from but I do know she is a addict even if it started out with a doctors script but not all people who are called addicts are, they become dependent on drugs like xanax and ambien and oxy... from the doctors.

I guess there is a fine line because if you take 30 xanax each month and then start taking 40 or more it's because of tolerance to the meds...accidental addicts as they say.

I hope LL can overcome this, people act as if she got off easy well she is detoxing and that is one of the hardest things anyone will ever have to do, that's why they stay on the drugs because getting off of them is a nightmare.

Paul

Whoever comments here should remember that this is a case of Dawn Holland who publicly leaked out a patient's confidential as against her employer client privacy policy. This is not Lindsay's case. Whatever Lindsay has done and ruin her life, everyone has already knnown it. Not even Lindsay, if any other patient, Dawn Holland should not have complaint someone's (patient) confidential. Holland knowns what she did was wrong. That has caused her job, so now it is better for her not to publicly say any further.

Mike

Yeah, it smells like a payoff to me.

Sure, it's possible that she simply changed her mind after being threatened with legal action by both LL and BF but it just doesn't add up. It sounds EXACTLY like the kind of spin that high-priced media lawyers like to use to bail their famous clients out of serious trouble. It's MUCH cheaper in the long run to pay off people rather than risk damaging a client's reputation and possibly their career. They WANT you to think that their client is totally innocent by casting doubt on the other party's motivations knowing that without rock-solid proof the public is more likely to believe their "famous" client over some "jealous nobody". And it works too...almost every time.

What's interesting here is that Holland is not only dropping the charges but that she is refusing to cooperate with a pending investigation into those charges. If she made up the whole story, she's better off confessing the truth now. However, if she's telling the truth, there's no reason to refuse cooperation either. Saying that she's not going to help the police if/when they decide to prosecute doesn't make any sense unless she's being paid to keep quiet. That's why I believe the simplest and most logical explanation is that she received a payoff in exchange for not taking this case any further and quite possibly destroying LL's credibility.

Not a hater. That's just how I read things. We'll eventually get to the truth.

sanity

have we all lost our minds.
is there a rehabilitation centre left in California willing to waste their time on Lindsay Lohan. She doesn't want help, and quite frankly, why bother.
Let her out, let her party her ass off. Why are we so concerned about saving her. Yes she's a party girl, but how many of us didn't behave exactly like her at her age. Christ, you're forcing the girl into rebellion. Keep throwing her in jail for what, drinking... good lord, with the parents she has and the publicity, i'd want to drink my face off and be oblivious to all of this crap too. Let me make an analogy here, nobody threw Oprah in jail every season she gained more weight... why do we tolerate one addiction and not the other. I mean seriously, Bob Greene, Oprah's fitness consultant, I'd never buy his book or listen to one thing he has to say when his star client has failed miserably, yet he's some kind of expert... jesus, that's like making Lindsay's favourite bartender a celebrity.... we are such a bunch of hypocrits.. leave the girl alone... isn't the first mandate of addiction to acknowledge you have a problem... i don't know what happened with the worker, but she was probably the only one who really gave a **** that Lindsay had supposedly been out partying... now this woman's career is ruined because she had the nerve to defend herself... she didn't break any confidentiality rules, she simply stated the truth, that Lindsay and her friends returned off site smelling like alcohol and there was a conflict. it's not as if she confided something said in a group session... the betty ford clinic should be ashamed, they should defend their employees and make the cir***stances clear... nobody seems to be investigating how on earth Lindsay was even out of the centre.
I can't even write anymore because the whole thing makes me sick. I don't think this is what Betty Ford had in mind, but i'm sure it's all about money now... sickening... there doesn't appear to be one person who really cares about Lindsay Lohan, or at least the idea of recovery, except maybe this worker who was fired.

Mark

Yep, someone got a nice pay off.

Bubbles The Chimp

Money buys silence. Everyone knows that rubbish.

Tammy

When Lindsay ends up dead or killing someone because she's a crack head than just maybe someone might step up. So the little bitch gets a get out of jail card again. Payoff I hope it was worth you letting this crack head out of the street to hurt people I hope it was a lot of money. LOOSER

Sheeple Herder

My Lindsay, what big nostrils you have!