Bristol Palin -- Why USC Wasn't an Option ...

12/28/2010 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin's $172,000 went a hell of a lot further in AZ than it would have in L.A. -- where for the same price, she would have been lucky to find a home with four walls!

1227_tale_two_cities_launch

We compiled a bunch of L.A. area cribs that fell in the same price range as Bristol's 5 bedroom, 3,900 square foot beauty in Maricopa ... and it's obvious, the real estate gap is wider than the Grand Canyon.

belinda

the one house with the broken gate...I really need a gate, iron is very expensive. I cannot belive it has not been stolen!!

Javadude54

Sounds like a smart use of her funds. I hope she has enough money left over to pay for the electricity it will take to keep all those rooms cool in the Summer. If she's used to Alaska temps she's going to be in for a big shock come July.

branmore

for some reason I'm laughing really hard at this. Unless you are some fruitcake actor or even fruitier celeb. photog. why would anyone live in LA?

lou

Gotta love all of those bars on the windows in LA, must be soooo safe.

Brooke

Ha. So true. I live in LA. Yes, it's expensive, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

cat

But why Maricopa? There are so many other cities closer to ASU than Maricopa.

Jake

180k for that p.o.s. in LA? Nobody in their right mind would pay over 100k on that place.

NoBozo

Maricopa! Not close to ASU which is in Tempe. Is her mommy also
paying her gas bills to and from campus via the very clogged freeways
in and out of that area?

K-lee

Why Maricopa??? I'm wondering if she actually saw this little podunk town before purchasing a home in it. I live in Tempe (where ASU is) and it takes over an hour to get to Maricopa. Not that I would ever want to go there....

Amy Hamilton

I found a house for sale in Palmdale that looks REMARKABLY SIMILAR to the one that Bristol just bought in AZ. It's 5 bed, 3 bath, and 2758 sq. The list price is $195,500. The URL to the listing is below.

How close is Palmdale to Los Angeles?? is this a good deal??

KAM

CALIF iS AN OVER PRICED PIT....

ahahah

Ew! L.A. looks like the ugliest place on the planet to live. Who would want to live somewhere where you have to have all those bars on every window just to keep the s*** out. Ugly ugly uglayyyyyy!

Looks like L.A. is the butt-crack of America...

Anne

I live in AZ and Maricopa would be one of the last places I would ever buy a house. It's the Wasilla of Arizona. With the housing market being what it is in AZ, she could have found a great deal in a much nicer area.

Then again, she's a Palin so what do you expect?

Larry

Of course everything you see is in absolutely the worse areas of Los Angeles they could be. Of course real estate is more expensive than in Arizona but you could find a decent home 35 miles from Los Angeles just like the home Bristol bought is like 35 miles from Phoenix. I live outside Los Angeles so I feel like I have to stick up for the area somewhat. Just don't fall into the trap of believing everything you see on here.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I think Bristol is perfectly gangsta enough to make it in Compton.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments