Bristol Palin -- Why USC Wasn't an Option ...

12/28/2010 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin's $172,000 went a hell of a lot further in AZ than it would have in L.A. -- where for the same price, she would have been lucky to find a home with four walls!

1227_tale_two_cities_launch

We compiled a bunch of L.A. area cribs that fell in the same price range as Bristol's 5 bedroom, 3,900 square foot beauty in Maricopa ... and it's obvious, the real estate gap is wider than the Grand Canyon.

get real

Thanks TMZ.. You really ****tered My dream of moving back to Calif.

Sammie

Why does anyone want to live in LA anyway?

Physical Graffiti

Why would anyone live in Los Anjealous?! Because right now we're wearing shorts and flip flops while the rest of the country is shoveling themselves out of their driveways and bundling up like Eskimos just to get their mail! Because we have everything here! Because our stores don't close at 9:00pm, and they don't close when the college football team is playing! I could go on, but I'm going out in the sunshine! lmao!

Mike

She also can't read. Even SC requires that much.

Dobonacus

Maricopa is hell and gone, so this must be where they will stash Levi. I'm sure she will be in a nicer area.

Jenny

I agree.... I have no fing clue why anyone would live in LA. I lived most of my life in Orange County (Between LA and San Diego) which is obviously beautiful, nearly perfect weather all year long but I had to get out of there. Way too many people (snobby and fake on top of it) for my taste. As for LA, I really don't understand how anyone can deal with the traffic. Last time I drove down from Tahoe, where I live now, it took me 3 hours (maybe more) just to get through that piece of **** area. Too many people crammed together and extremely overpriced housing. No clue how so many people deal with that **** every day.

Kaye

To ahaha:
What a lame comment! Obviously, you don'tknow that the house pictured is in L.A.'s slums, not the average middle class neighorhood. We have our mansions and estates, too or haven't you been to L.A.? If you haven't been here and seen the whole city, keep your ignorant opinions to yourself.

anony

Like she was smart enough to get into any school in LA.
Maybe Compton Community College.
Doesn't matter. She'll end up going to six different colleges like her mother and then think she has an automatic right to run for VP.

charles

On showing properities in Compton or near Fwy. intersections, your elitism is showing through. Just cause "you" wouldn't live there. There is the whole rest of the world. Come on you guys. Wake up.

Wiley

To ahaha:

Posted at 8:23 AM on Dec 28, 2010 by Kaye

Kaye, I'm betting you don't even own a home. You certainly don't understand what this article is about. We know there is middle class housing in LA. However, it's a lot more expensive than the same house in AZ. Also, people with money are fleeing CA now, many losing money on their homes, and being replaced with lower income families and the houses are losing value as we speak. You're trapped once your house value falls below what you owe on it. CA is not a good investment anymore. That LA house shown above can be bought for less than 100K in Ohio, 60K in poorer areas. Don't forget, electricity is cheap most everywhere outside CA because we have power plants and don't have to buy it from our neighbors. LA can't even afford to put their criminals in jail anymore. Enjoy your warm climate. I'm happy where I am. However, AZ doesn't look too shabby either.

ratbag

Are you serious? As if Bristol Palin could get into USC! Highly doubtful that Bristol has her pick of schools unless it's a community college or an online school.

uwenr

Maricopa?? Look it up on a map it is in the middle of the desert with one way in and out. The only people that live there is meth cookers and people that cant afford a house

vicckyjane

Show us a picture of the street Bristol is buying on so we can count the foreclosure signs.

Sally

Yes, Compton is gangsta land. They do not have gangsta's in Alaska, so LA area is not a good place to raise her Son, or safe to even go outside. Not to mention all of the drive-by shootings. She was better off buying in Arizona -- at least there is law and order there.

en Todo Momento!!

actually, the accurate price would be $$180,050.99 for LA, cuz her home purchase would have to include 99c for a red bandana she would need to tie around her forhead backwards, and $50 for a pistol gun bought off the local arms dealer.....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments