Kelsey Grammer

Wants Quickie Divorce

to Remarry

12/27/2010 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer has asked a judge to put a rush order on his divorce from Camille Grammer, so he can marry his girlfriend ... TMZ has learned.

1227_kelsey_Getty_TMZ_03
Kelsey is asking the divorce judge to grant the divorce decree asap, and leave all of the money issues for later.  In legalese, it's called "bifurcation."

Under California law, a divorce can become final 6 months after a petition is filed.  Camille filed on July 1, 2010 ... so if the judge grants Kelsey's request for bifurcation, he can marry Kayte Walsh Saturday, January 1.  Kelsey and Kayte have been engaged for several months.

There were reports Kelsey was trying to keep Camille from grabbing his pension benefits -- but in fact the pension papers are merely a formality which is required when someone files to bifurcate.

UPDATE:  A friend of Camille's tells TMZ, Camille "is not surprised but continues to be disappointed at Kelsey's immature and disrespectful behavior."

0709_split_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Pamela Morris

Kelsey deserves someone great and that is not Camille. If she had a brain she would have known Kelsey had found someone else. She is crazy to think someone is jealous of her. The Ladies on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills are Beautiful and Camille a skinny has been. Grow up Camille !

ellen

after watching Housewives, I'm not sure why he didn't run sooner.

Kiki

I just took the poll. I think the 50% who don't wish Kelsey well have never seen Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She. is. ridiculous.

Bernadete Kolat

I dont realy believe in devorce and I realy feel sorry for the children.They are the ones that will suffer ...

pat

I was a fan of Kelsey , now I think he is a low life. Every new woman in his life is youger. Will the next one be old enough to vote?

Colleen

Poor Camille! I think she's absolutely better off with out the idiot who never appreciated that she was way out of his league to begin with. Camille is beautiful, smart, fun, and driven. When do you ever get all of those things in one person? To the person who said she's "...fake and a ditz...", you are probably just jealous and insecure. Stop hating on other women because you don't feel adequate enough.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11