Teena Marie Death -- No Illegal Drugs Found

12/27/2010 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

No illegal drugs were found at the home where singer Teena Marie's body was discovered yesterday ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Teena Marie Dead
We're told officials searched Teena's home in Pasadena , CA -- but only found some herbal medication -- and we're not talking marijuana.

We're told an autopsy and toxicology tests will be performed on her body later this week -- but so far, officials are leaning towards the theory that she died of natural causes.

As we previously reported, Teena -- once considered Rick James' protégée -- suffered a grand mal seizure just one month ago.

1227_remembering_teena_marie_footer

SUE

LADY TEE WILL TRULY BE MISSED. ITS JUST TO SHOW LIFE IS TOO SHORT. MY PRAYERS TO HER DAUGHTER AND FAMILY.
TO ALL OF THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS WHETER YOU KNOW HER ARE NOT, WERE IS YOUR MANNERS?? YOU ARE SO BUSY TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE
GET A LIFE.. WHO EVER DID'NT KNOW HER EVIDENTLY YOU DID NOT HAVE ONE. AND WHY DO WHEN SOMEONE PASS IT IS THOUGHT TO BE DRUGS.

FIRENDESIRE

THA PIECES OF **** ON THIS BLOG DISRESPECTING A QUEEN LIKE LADY T NEED THEY MOTHAFUKIN ASS WHOOPED! U BETTA HOPE WE DUNT FIND ANY OF U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP QUEEN TEENA

Shayma

What a great loss to the world and music industry. I grew up with her and Rick James, many great memories and some sad during certain times in my life. You will be missed Teena! RIP

Paula

I going really miss her. I used lay on the floor with my 5 years old and listen to her music all the time. Now my daughter is 26 and this is her favorite singer. This is so sad to me. I going to have a birthday bash for turning 50 years old next year and this is whom I wanted to have appear there at no cost this would have been a gift from my rich brother. Really guys I all ways listen to her music all the time. And Lover girl , A kiss by another rose. So sad now she gone.Gerald L and her did that song now they both gone. I have to say Tina M was a real singer her voice is like magic to any one ears. There will never be another Tina so sad. My love you home now. And to her family much love it hard losing a parent. I lost both. Sorry guys this is so touching to me.My love and support to her child.

Love everyone

Tanisha

You will be forever miss Teena. For all the haters on this page please do us all a favor, and imagine this was your mother, father, or anyone you love, and then give Lady T the same respect that you would want shown to someone you love. We loved her music for decades, and she has been a big influence on many people. Please just show some respect for the people in morning. May God bless you all.

d

may she rest in peace i will miss her her music will always be with me and my family

Heidi

Natural causes and now she can be with Rick James on the other side, with Jim Mardhall. We lost some good ones this year alone,...

senex

me too...Who? Sry to hear about it, but seriously, I was a roadie for 10 years in music buisness..never heard of her in my world of music.

BIG LADY T FAN

GOD MUST HAVE NEEDED AN ANGEL...GOD BLESS YOU LADY T.

ShiningStar

I didn't follow Teena Marie's career after she and Rick James stopped performing together, but I can say that her voice was up there with the best Black female singers. She could "sang" her butt off. She was like a Black woman in a White woman's body. When she sung "Fire and Desire" with Rick James, she was absolutely off the charts. She was phenomenal to say the least. That song is one of my absolute favorites. It's sad that we have lost another true talent. My thoughts and prayers goes out to her family and friends. RIP Ms.Teena

ARTOFWAR

....Without doubt, one of the greatest songwriter, vocalist, composer, arranger, and musician of our time, in real music. These so called "entertainers" of today, are not worthy enough to hold this woman's guitar, or any of the many instruments that she once so beautifully played.

Christina Aguilera--- This goes out to you Baby-Girl.....

Christina, there has been some effort amongst some industry personnel extended to you, to record a double album of 22 or so of Teena's songs, along with two or so of your own new tracks, and a digitized duet between you and the late Teena.

Christina Aguilera--- Now more than ever this should indeed be your next project. Your voice is custom made for Teena Marie songs, and these are the types of songs you should be doing Baby-Girl.
Christina, Teena's songs will make heed the world know what a few of us already know, and that is that you are the voice of your time, and It is time to let it be known. It is time to take your rightful place on the throne.

And as for the rest of you that claim not to have known of the great Teena Marie, I would say something despairing about you all, however, instead I feel nothing but sympathy and pity for any souls, that have not been blessed enough to have heard a Teena Marie song. Because for those, they have never truly known music, and never will.

To The One and Only Teena Marie-- You will live in the hearts and souls of real music lovers and knowers, as long as there is one of us still left alive.

Rest In Peace and Thank You Sweet, Sweet, Vanilla-Chocolate Girl......Artofwar

Phillip Ghee

Please continue the efforts to get Teena her star on Hollywood Walk of Fame;her passing was a blow to all of us who cheerished her music. I had always assumed that she had a star and; upon hearing of her passing, was shocked to find out she did not. I was planning to place a flower there.

As for myself, her lyrics were so richly poetic and reached into the deepest places of the soul. She gave words and harmony to emotions that many of us can not even comprehend or identify. Thank you Teena may you rest in peace and may (as your song states) Jesus, shine his heavenly light on you once again.

Phillip Ghee

Dayne

Lady T, you will be greatly missed! Love you!

sabrina

Tina Marie was one of my favortie singer of all time im still in shock of her passing she will truely miss by her smile and her remarble talent she can blow a tune Tina and Rick JAMES r dancing with the angel 2 her family im sry for your loss i know hard is 2 loose sumone care about

JAMES VIE

It takes the death of Teena Marie for her to be the #1 google search? What a shame. She was underrated & none of the music awards ever pay tribute to her....but of course now they will. And theres more to Teena than "Lovergirl", she had a crossover top 40 hit "I Need Your Lovin". But her r&b hit singles are many. For fyi trivia, theres a bill in congress called "The Teena Marie Bill". I'm hearing her song in my head "Sunny Skies". Sad to know her daughter found her & her daughter's birthday is on Christmas day so its really depressing. My heart jumped when I got the news. Listen to the song Teena dedicated to her daughter if any of you can find it called "The Air I Breathe"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments