Michael Jackson Manslaughter Prelim - 30 Witnesses

12/28/2010 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned more than 2 dozen witnesses will testify at  Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case.

1228_mj_conrad_EX_TMZ

Sources say the prelim will last roughly 2 weeks and approximately 30 witnesses will be called.

We're told there won't be a "Perry Mason" moment -- instead, prosecutors will lay out their case, piece by piece, to show Dr. Murray acted recklessly by medicating Michael with Propofol and other drugs at his home the day he died.

Sources say the witnesses include various medical experts, as well as 3 LAPD detectives who investigated the case.

And, we're told, prosecutors will present more evidence than in a typical manslaughter case, because the legal theory here is novel -- that a doctor committed a homicide in the treatment of a patient.

1108_remembering_michael_jackson_footer

LC4Michael

Michael was a drug addict,A pedophile,a dead beat & a homosexual we don't need people like this on the earth...oh wait... I am a drug addict a pedophile,a dead beat & a homosexual,never mind.

Posted at 11:01 AM on Dec 28, 2010 by Scott

Not to worry Scott we know this is not the real you. Just some pathetic loser who really needs to grow up! Move aside moron and let the adults converse.

Amerie

Sadly I believe MJ had a serious drug problem. I don't feel one man should be held responsible for his death.

Posted at 10:05 AM on Dec 28, 2010 by Annie

First of all, there were no drugs in Michael's system other than what Murray admitting to giving him that night. Second, I've never heard of an addict with no pills in their system. Third, ONE MAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS DEATH--- EVERYTHING ELSE INCUDING THE REPORTS FROM TMZ ABOUT MICHAELS " DRUG USE" IS SPECULATION.

Best Mom

Justice has been too slow in charging Murray with Michael's death. Michael had a serious drug problem, but that does not mean he should have died. Other addicts get cured. Maybe the future held possible treatment for Michael....but we will never know that because a negligent so-called doctor could only see dollar signs in front of him and did unbelievably stupid things to Michael. There must be accountability for Michael's death and it starts at the hands of Murray. Justice for Michael, NOW!

CloBird

re: #1 Murray is still responsible for overdosing a patient.
Murray was not qualified to be giving anyone propofol.Murray is a cardiologist,not an anesthesiologist.He did not follow proper procedures or medical protocols.Murray gave a patient other depressant medications before over-dosing the patient with propofol.It is the actions of Conrad Murray that caused a death.

lance

He was a liar and a druggie and got what was coming to him. It's his own fault that he is dead.
His foolish bought and paid for daughter claims he was the best father in the world. That pathetic little fool does not understand that if he really loved her so much he would not turn her into a freak show and would not take drugs and put himself in danger.

I have no sympathy for the skin bleaching child buying loser. So sad he hated himself to the point where he would buy white children and try to pass them off as his.

nan

i dont doubt that mj had pain med issues on different occasions throughout his life and i dont doubt that they were not addressed by the starstruck hanger on doctors that wanted to have a permanent place by his side.
i also dont doubt that many others close to him encouraged this so they could rob him blind.
do i think michael was on medication when he signed his power of atty over the the germans ..of course..
do i think at times when he was talking to bashir he was medicated ..yes
but none of this has anything to do with the doctor in the room that put him under..
michael was looking for sleep , he had a habitual problem with it, talked about it for years ..
well i guess with the concerts ,even if he wanted to , going to a sleep clinic was out of the question due to time and financial restraints..lots of money riding on those concerts..
enter murray...he should face the music..

jj

Annie - YOU GET YOUR FACTS FROM A NEWS AGENCY and someone that gets PAID to tell lies for that corporation to keep the story interesting. You are pathetic!

And, SCOTT - I knew you were going to be a MAN that made these comments. Something about so many men that are so jealous of MJ - even today . . . that is just so funny!

I NEVER talk with anyone like this - but, that stupid comment by Ammie . . . just got me started!!

Read Aphrodite Jones book or any of the many others that are the TRUTH about who MJ really was and what he was really like!

The media lost TONS OF MONEY because MJ was not found guilty. Did you KNOW they already had it all planned out on how to do ongoing coverage of MJ that they had planned would fatten their bank accounts?? What MJ ate for lunch, what MJ read, and on and on. It makes me sick!

TMZ, OPRAH, and MANY others that have not told the REAL story or FACTS about MJ will have to answer to all of this one day when they too have passed on. I wished I could have a front row seat to this show!!

mysteria333

CONRAD MURRAY WONT DO ONE SINGLE DAY AND HE ALREADY KNOWS THIS,, BECAUSE HE'S ALREADY BEEN PAID,, FOR THE PART HE WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAY IN THIS SCENARIO,, AFTER SONY DUG UP THIER MJ LOOKALIKES AND SURGERIED THEM UP,, FOR THE PURPOSE OF INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL THIER NAMES HAD TO BE CHANGED TO MICHAEL JACKSON,, AFTER ALL THATS WHO THEY WERE PRETENDING TO BE,,I'M SURE ONE OF THEM DIED NOT THE REAL MJ !!! THINK,, USE YOUR HEAD BE A SLEUTH... STOP ACCEPTING THE MEDIA VERBADUM..

mariam

ITS ABOUT TIME AMERICA HE DESERVES TO PAY FOR HIS NEGLIGENCE. JUSTICE WILL AND SHOULD PREVAIL.

nan

have a good day all!

Annie

jj, name one news agency that is reliable. I see none on my cable provider or internet. They report what suits their line of belief and we are expected to swallow it. Sorry if you feel that makes me pathetic. I feel sorry for those who buy into the half-truths the media is selling us.

kingsherry

And the evidence that Michael was a drug addict is.....? Because of TMZ and the rest of the media's speculation you've reached that conclusion? Everyone who was actually around Michael said they did not see that. If you want to get medical, its not even in his autopsy- no trace of pills, aside from what the doctor admitted he gave him that very night.

Think for yourself and stop listening to the same media that 5 years prior would have you believe he was a pedophile.

mysteria333

AMERIE.... YOU ARE A REALLY SMART PERSON.. ITS SO GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE USING THIER HEAD AND KEEPING AND OPEN MIND ,, AND YOU'RE RIGHT EVERYTHING IS JUST SPECULATION.... AND YES THE ONLY DRUGS FOUND IN MICHAEL WERE THE DRUGS THAT MURRAY ALREADY ADMITTED GIVING TO HIM,, HOWEVER THERE IS ONE POINT WHERE WE PROBABLY DIFFER,, I'M SURE A MICHAEL MAY HAVE DIED ,, BUT I BELIEVE THAT IT WAS MJ'S BODY DOUBLE AND THAT HIS NAME WAS CHANGED TO MICHAEL JACKSON SO THAT IF WE GET ANY SURPRISES IT WILL EASILY BE SAID---A MICHAEL JACKSON DID DIE,,, ONLY NOT THE REAL ONE .. IT MAKES GOOD SENSE...IT ALL AMOUNTS TO RATHER MICHAEL WANTS TO TAKE THE CHANCE OF SOME GREEDY JERK PUTTING HIM THROUGH HELL AGAIN...AND SONY WORKING THE CRAP OUT OF HIM, FOR THE SOUL PURPOSE OF THIER OWN GREEEEEEEED!!!! WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN ,, WHERE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND KINDEST MAN IN THE ENTIRE WORLD WAS NOT AT ALL PROTECTED BY THE VERY PEOPLE HE MADE BILLIONS FOR AND THEY ARE STILL MAKING MONEY OFF OF MICHAEL !! WHILE THE ARVISOS HAVE CHANGED THIER NAME AND WENT INTO HIDING LIKE RATS THAT SCATTER WHEN THE LIGHTS COME ON.. AS YE SOWETH SO SHALL YE REAP !!! THE ARVISOS WOULD BE WISE TO REMEMBER THAT..THEY SHOULD ASK GODS FORGIVENESS FOR WHAT THEY DID AND THEY SHOULD ASK IT YESTERDAY !!!!

Annie

I never believed he was a pedophile. As I said. I am not a MJ hater. I stand by what I have stated here.

Scott

JJ and Hannah to bad you don't know me very well, I would never post the above. A certain someone is cloning me to get attention. I don't sweat it anymore I am trying very hard not to feed the trolls an early New Years resolution.

Peace.