Snooki's Ball to Drop at Jersey Shore

12/29/2010 5:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Snooki's going down in a familiar place on New Year's Eve -- TMZ has learned her ball drop will happen on the Jersey shore instead of Times Square.

1229_snookie_ball_drop
The giant ball (pictured above) -- with a lit "Snooki" sign attached -- just showed up in Seaside Heights ... near the infamous "Jersey Shore" house.

MTV's New Year's Eve Snooki ball was reportedly banned from Times Square -- but  we've learned plan B is shore sweet shore. They're even getting the rigging ready to drop the ball ... and Snooki.

Bottoms up.

Beau Hajavitch

Looks like an "Around The Net" video on G4's Attack Of The Show waiting to happen!

traitorwithinme

adds another reason TO MY LIST not to watch MTV

JetA

What is a snookie? Snookie's going down?

I have no clue what TMZ is raving about so naturally I look it up.

I googled snookie and the first listing for snookie on google was this?

Urban Dictionary: snookie7 posts - 7 authors - Last post: Feb 3
4'9" umpalumpa on Jersey Shore best known for being punched in the face.
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snookie - Cached - Similar

Then I click on a You Tube video link and the Urban Dictionary definition is getting punched in the face by some kid?

This is the most asinine thing I have ever heard about.

Keep up the facade.

Yawn, This is boring.....................

Barbie

WOW! Now that gives me something to do today. I'll take a drive over the bridge to see what they are up to with the ball.

And to all the locals here, I'm sure none of you will show up since you hate the benny's so much. Oh wait, you'll all show up because you'll be getting drunk and stupid. Like you all claim that Benny's are during the summer.

Good lucky Snooki. I hope you are safe and uninjured by this stunt. Have fun !

Barbie

Let's all hope that the two feet of snow we got will save her if something should go awry.

Don't worry snooki, the snow will cushion your fall, unless of course you accidentally fall on a big piece of ice tangling off someone's gutters. That will really hurt when it jabs you.

Kathy

The sad thing is everyone will watch her drop and the rating will be huge. Best thing to do is NOT watch if you don't have the ratings the show will go away and we will not have to hear about them.

Jerseydude

Perhaps MTV ought to get a "littering fine" from the Borough of Seaside Heights for dropping trash on to the beach and boardwalk?

yum

How high are they dropping her from? Let's hope its more than 3 stories.

bob

The only balls I would like to see drop around Snookie are mine on her chin.

ashley

love ya snooks hope ya dont die i will be there to watch u kara rose u the toppest

John

ok, first off, to the two people who were whining that its so gay that the ball drop will be in jersey instead of times square....how can i sugar coat this, youre both idiots.
She wanted to be in the times square ball, they wouldnt let her, so shes making her own ball drop in jersey.
Yea, theyre gunna break one of the oldest and most famous new years traditions and move it to jersey for this flash in the pan nobody.....riiiiiight.

and to the other guy that just called seaside heights one of the buroughs......=/.......REALLY?!?

Golf nut

I'd pay to see them drop the ball off a cliff.

Jimmy Rose

We love you, baby. You go! I loved that boardwalk in my earlier daze and love all you guys do! Happy New years to everyone from Jersey, baby!!!

Cool Breeze

Who gives a f--k about this no talent skeezer....

I Chinee

Why don't they just gather up the cast into a huge ball and drop it off a cliff.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments