Teena Marie 911 -- 'My Mom Is Dead'

12/29/2010 8:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Overcome with emotion, Teena Marie's daughter mustered up the strength to call 911 Sunday -- moments after discovering her mother's body at the family's Pasadena home ... and TMZ has obtained the heartbreaking recording.

**WARNING -- this tape is EXTREMELY emotional **

Teena Marie 911 Call

During the call, Teena's daughter tells the operator, "“I’m scared, I’m so scared! She’s lost her color…her color is gone."

Eventually, the operator realizes there is nothing she can do for the singer -- and instructs her daughter to wait outside for help.

As we previously reported, officials believe the 54-year-old singer died of natural causes -- possibly a massive seizure.

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

Sarcastic1

I wonder if Teena Marie aspirated after taking several pills. Did the coroner find any undisolved pills in her throat?

ulecia

could you please leat us know is it true or just a rumor that keisha cole mom frankie passed away thank you

MsMerisingq

This is the first time I have ever come to this website and it will be the LAST. It is deplorable that you would exploit someone's grief in such a manner.

I'm a critical, outspoken woman who has sure rattled some cages in my life. But pointing out flaws in politics, society, debate etc is a whole different ballgame. TMZ posting this audio, and several of the disrespectful people on here claiming Teena was a drug addict which is why she died just sickens me to no end.

I hope the family sues your asses.

M

kim

i went through the same ****ing horrible experience just 3 mths ago. i will NEVER FORGIVE THIS! calling local cable company to beg them for no airplay of your rag. YOU SUCK! GOD'S WATCHING

Fiona

You people are disgusting! How can you post something like this? I wonder who the jack ass is that is so desperate to make money.

Fiona

I didn't listen to it, and I will not listen to it, out of respect for Teena Marie and of course her grieving Daughter.
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED. YOU TABLOID FOLKS WILL DO ANYTHING FOR AN AUDIENCE! PLEASE REMOVE IT!

AJ

I am in TOTAL disbelief that I just stumbled accross this on the internet. Whomever at TMZ authorized this 911 call to be posted (Which I refused To Listen To) needs a reality check. How would you feel if this were you who made the call and the world gets to hear your FRANTIC WORDS OF...after finding one of your parents dead! Take the hint and remove this! It's not entertainment damnit! It's a real life horror of a young girl finding her mom the great "Ivory Queen Of Soul" Ms. Teena Marie dead.....

Alyssa

THIS IS SO WRONG!!!!! Just because someone is in the public eye, it doesn't mean that the most private things need to be aired! TMZ should be sued for this! Can you imagine if you calling 911 saying that your mother just died and then the audio was posted online for all of the world to hear? Wouldn't that be absolutely horrible?

BorealisBeauty

I was devastated when I heard of your death. Hopefully you can hear my words in the etheric world because I want you to know how talented and loved by all. Many of your songs give me the chills even if I've heard the song many times before. Your unique talent transcends the earthly plane. Maybe that's why you had to leave this earth.You will never be forgotten Lady Tee. Your songwriting was dramatic and moving. I fell in love with your voice when I first heard you sing many years ago. But I prefer your voice when it matured so I tend to like the later songs you released.I'd give my life to have you back singing again. You will be in my heart from now on. I love you Teena Marie. I am still in grief as if you were a member of my own family. RIP Teena Marie.

katherine conner

I feel this child's pain. I couldn't imagine her state of mind, and discovering her mother. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AIRED. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN HER SECRET MEMORY, AND SHARE, ONLY IF SHE WANTED TO

Author G D Grace

I'm glad to read that others felt the same as I. I cannot believe the media and the lows they'll stoop to for reader & viewership.

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21