Teena Marie 911 -- 'My Mom Is Dead'

12/29/2010 8:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Overcome with emotion, Teena Marie's daughter mustered up the strength to call 911 Sunday -- moments after discovering her mother's body at the family's Pasadena home ... and TMZ has obtained the heartbreaking recording.

**WARNING -- this tape is EXTREMELY emotional **

Teena Marie 911 Call

During the call, Teena's daughter tells the operator, "“I’m scared, I’m so scared! She’s lost her color…her color is gone."

Eventually, the operator realizes there is nothing she can do for the singer -- and instructs her daughter to wait outside for help.

As we previously reported, officials believe the 54-year-old singer died of natural causes -- possibly a massive seizure.

Je DoubleU

TMZ...you people have done alot of dirty things in your span....but you people reached an all new LOW when you chose to air the 911 call of Teena Marie's daughter informing them of her death!! You people have no remorse for her daughter's feelings, for Teena Marie or for yourselves!!! Is that the best way you all can come up with to pay your bills and salaries??!!! By dipping in someone else's personal business??!!! This is a serious violation and I hope her family will sue the hell of you jerks!!! May God have mercy on your souls because You will pay!!!! "What the hell??!!!!

Je DoubleU

Liz

With respect to Teena Marie, I am saddened at the news of her death; I grew up listening and partying to her many hits. My condolences go the her family.

As for the 911 call, I listened to it out of morbid curiosity. While the young lady was clearly upset at having found her mother deceased, I also would not ask for censure-ship of the posting. People in this country are too willing to forfeit our freedoms based on emotions. What people don't seem to understand is, bans are not cherry-picked. Once something is banned, it affects the whole of society. If we don't watch it, we're going to "protect ourselves" straight into communism.

So suck it up, and enjoy the few freedoms we still have.

Jaye

Take it down. Lady T deserves more respect than the airing of this.

Pgh Gurl

TMZ please, next I want to hear audio of timohy tredwell being eaten alive by grizzly bears. Really I do!

Why Wait

This is below low. There's legitimate journalism and then there's gutter, scraping the barrel, yellow journalism. You have reached an all time low. Harvey Levin how would you like to have your anguish played for the world to hear; if you discovered one of your loved one's had perished. I think I'll boycott every advertiser that places ads on your website and TV program until you show some respect.

TheTruthAsISeeIt

I won't listen to it and it should be taken offline. It never should have been posted in the first place and TMZ should be ashamed!

Mokie

TMZ...why don't you put a laugh track on the tape? You guys are the best!

Mokie

The state of mind that allowed this to be put up is the same state of mind that allows people to commit vile crimes against the young and week...no humanity...no compassion. It's an f'ed up world!

thrillticket

Are you guys forreal???????!!!!!!!!! TMZ is now officially TRASH!!!!!. Harvey, when one of your relatives die i'll make sure to put the 911 call all over the internet. Then maybe you'll understand. I've met Teena and her daughter and neither of them have this disrespect coming.

Tina

Ok shame on you guys- this is really wrong of you to post the 911 call.

Eva

I usually have only good things to say about TMZ, but for them to post this is completely in poor taste. What is the purpose for posting this? Why does everyone need to hear this? My heart goes out to Tina Marie's family. SHAME ON YOU TMZ!

jason

Come on, TMZ, read the comments.

This may be in the public record, but you have no moral right to air it. We want you to do what's right.

mddiva35

TAKE THIS OFF TMZ!!!! I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO LISTEN TO THIS!!!! YOU ALL ARE DISGUSTING!!!!

Marie

How and why is this made available for all to hear? This makes me sick...