Teena Marie 911 -- 'My Mom Is Dead'

12/29/2010 8:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Overcome with emotion, Teena Marie's daughter mustered up the strength to call 911 Sunday -- moments after discovering her mother's body at the family's Pasadena home ... and TMZ has obtained the heartbreaking recording.

**WARNING -- this tape is EXTREMELY emotional **

Teena Marie 911 Call

During the call, Teena's daughter tells the operator, "“I’m scared, I’m so scared! She’s lost her color…her color is gone."

Eventually, the operator realizes there is nothing she can do for the singer -- and instructs her daughter to wait outside for help.

As we previously reported, officials believe the 54-year-old singer died of natural causes -- possibly a massive seizure.

Melissa

I am seriously sickend that this is posted, this a private time and should remain as such. Also, to the posters who keep going on about her drug problem, that is hardly the point right now, no matter what she did, or did not do, it hardly makes it easier for her daughter to have to hear people talking this way about her mother. TMZ, have some compassion, this girl is clearly heartbroken.

umhum

I'm not listening to this. Why would I want to? I'd rather go listen to the great music that Teena left behind. TMZ this sucks!!!

Shannon

Gossip is one thing...this totally crosses a line.

I WILL NOT LISTEN TO THIS.

A daughter should NEVER have to find their mom that way and to then have the 911 call played to millions of heartless people is disgusting!

You've reached a new low TMZ...pathetic.

Princess

I understand most of you are upset, but do not get mad at TMZ for posting this recording, be mad that someone let it leak out. Yes, it is very sad to hear, but it is reality. It was YOUR choice to hear it. My prayers go out to that family and to the deceased mother, she never intended for any of it to happen.

CeRon

Tmz : how would you feel if this was someone in your family???? This Is personal!

james

they should have not put this out here like that, that is very personal, why would u put something sad like that for others to hear it was no reason to put that on there at all i mean for what just to see how upset and sad her daughter was stupid tmz they just want every bit of the story it dont make any sense

JR

TMZ TAKE THIS **** DOWN, would you want some to air a 911 tape GOD forbid of any of your loved ones...Hell to to the naw!

Donald

My heart is very heavy I grew up up with her music RIP Teena

ID

SHAME ON YOU TMZ!!!!!

THIS SHOULD NOT BE AIRED!

THIS CAN BE YOUR OWN SISTER, DAUGHTER OR MOTHER!
WHERE ARE YOUR BOUNDARIES?!
PLEASE HAVE RESPECT FOR THOSE MOURNING!

yaya

TMZ should be totally ashamed of themselves. Why did we need to hear how terrified her daughter was to find her mother dead? What purpose does this serve? Unbelievable.

MY prayers are with Teena's daughter Alia Rose and family.

john doe

This should be removed. I never comment, but this is ridiculous. I will no longer visit TMZ for my celebrity news - there are plenty of other options.

Ad

PLEASE take this down no one should be able to even listen to this, right now her family is hurting and the last they need is to be able to get online and listen to that life changing phone call.

C

Yes, this is heartbreaking, yes it probably should have been kept private, but..it always amazes me that people come on TMZ and complain about the stories on here. Do any of us actually come to this site for worldly news? I think not.

Shame on You TMZ Staff

What the purpose of posting this? TMZ you've crossed the line with this 911 calls. There's absolutely no purpose of this post.

carma

You guys are the reason nobody likes the paparazzi...this just goes to show you guys are peaces of ****..there has to be a line where you have to show respect for people in there saddest time of there lives...you just lost a fan and if I ever see you in Vegas you better walk the other way when I bring up this story